Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school for the rest of us: Advice/questions for/from T2/3/4 students:  (Read 36596 times)

strongmace

• View Profile
marry rich.

ok, i'm pretty much out until finals are over. 

Good luck to both of you with your finals. 

Unfortunately, I cannot marry rich.  Well, maybe I can.  I want to marry a cute pastry chef girl.  Having handmade pastries fed to me by my supercute wife each night is my ultimate fantasy.  :)
Attending: Catholic

Accepted: Catholic, Richmond, U Baltimore
Waitlisted: U Maryland, American
Denied: Mason, GW, Georgetown, W&M

Major: Civil Engineering
Minor: Rhetoric
LSAT: 159
GPA: 3.4

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
thanks all, and i wish i could actually force myself to get some studying done...

2nd semester of 1L is not a fun time
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

UGAfootballfanatic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I agree- I've been using LSD as a crutch to avoid studying. Only 1 final left, and it's civ pro. Two days left to study, and I'm already burned out. I think I peaked too early. Those who slacked all semester will have no trouble finding motivation at this point, but I started outlining 12 hrs/weekend almost 2 months ago. I'm tired.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I agree- I've been using LSD as a crutch to avoid studying. Only 1 final left, and it's civ pro. Two days left to study, and I'm already burned out. I think I peaked too early. Those who slacked all semester will have no trouble finding motivation at this point, but I started outlining 12 hrs/weekend almost 2 months ago. I'm tired.

i did that last semester, and really paid for it come crunch time.  i went the slacker route this semester, and am just starting to gear up now as my finals dont start until may 7th

JD

AndyB

• View Profile
Here is my law school grading horror story:

I had a class where you could work in groups on the final exam, the only requirement was that what you turned in you wrote yourself (so you could not split it up, with each person writing half). Me and my best friend in law school work on this together. Both of us are pretty smart and have the about the same GPA. We hash it all out, agree on the issues and points, then go off to work on it. We each write our responses, we both come to the same conclusions, use the same cases, make the same points. One of us got an A, second highest raw grade in the class, the other a C+. There is no rhyme or reason to it, we compared papers afterwards, no conclusions different, just different writing styles. We still don’t know what happened there, prof must have been in a bad mood when he got to the C+ paper.

Mattheis,

In the Loyola thread, you said exams weren't random, and started a huge argument over it. You also said you were so successful you didn't care about jobs, but in this thread you say you had to take out student loans.

So are you just a liar, or a full blown psycho?

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

I had a class where you could work in groups on the final exam, the only requirement was that what you turned in you wrote yourself (so you could not split it up, with each person writing half). Me and my best friend in law school work on this together. Both of us are pretty smart and have the about the same GPA. We hash it all out, agree on the issues and points, then go off to work on it. We each write our responses, we both come to the same conclusions, use the same cases, make the same points. One of us got an A, second highest raw grade in the class, the other a C+. There is no rhyme or reason to it, we compared papers afterwards, no conclusions different, just different writing styles. We still donít know what happened there, prof must have been in a bad mood when he got to the C+ paper.

Mattheis,

In the Loyola thread you said exams weren't random, and started a huge argument over it. You also said you were so successful you didn't care about jobs, but in this thread you say you had to take out student loans.

matthies has given more good advice on this board than you will ever know, noob.

although i doubt you're really a noob, my guess is that you're just a gutless cretin afraid to use his/her own name.

JD

AndyB

• View Profile

I had a class where you could work in groups on the final exam, the only requirement was that what you turned in you wrote yourself (so you could not split it up, with each person writing half). Me and my best friend in law school work on this together. Both of us are pretty smart and have the about the same GPA. We hash it all out, agree on the issues and points, then go off to work on it. We each write our responses, we both come to the same conclusions, use the same cases, make the same points. One of us got an A, second highest raw grade in the class, the other a C+. There is no rhyme or reason to it, we compared papers afterwards, no conclusions different, just different writing styles. We still don’t know what happened there, prof must have been in a bad mood when he got to the C+ paper.

Mattheis,

In the Loyola thread you said exams weren't random, and started a huge argument over it. You also said you were so successful you didn't care about jobs, but in this thread you say you had to take out student loans.

matthies has given more good advice on this board than you will ever know, noob.

although i doubt you're really a noob, my guess is that you're just a gutless cretin afraid to use his/her own name.

Seems like a lying psycho to me.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

I had a class where you could work in groups on the final exam, the only requirement was that what you turned in you wrote yourself (so you could not split it up, with each person writing half). Me and my best friend in law school work on this together. Both of us are pretty smart and have the about the same GPA. We hash it all out, agree on the issues and points, then go off to work on it. We each write our responses, we both come to the same conclusions, use the same cases, make the same points. One of us got an A, second highest raw grade in the class, the other a C+. There is no rhyme or reason to it, we compared papers afterwards, no conclusions different, just different writing styles. We still donít know what happened there, prof must have been in a bad mood when he got to the C+ paper.

Mattheis,

Seems like a lying psycho to me.

my observation stands.

JD

AndyB

• View Profile
Rev, Wait a second. Why would you ruin a thread with statements which completely contradict what you wrote in another thread? By what definition is that not psychotic behavior? Students use this board for credible information.

AndyB

• View Profile
1. You ruined the thread by arguing about it.
2. You're on loans because you're not anywhere near successful.
You're a lying piece of sh*t and a thread ruining troll.