Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I hate AA  (Read 3787 times)

eastend

• View Profile
I hate AA
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:56:14 AM »
I'm half Mexican and could have used AA to my advantage, but haven't.  I look at the stats for the top 5 schools and it's pretty obvious who the minorities are.    Lower LSATs but often fairly decent GPAs.  You're not smarter, you're just taking advantage of entrenched racism.  The free ride continues.  To all those white disadvantaged students out their, yes, please, continue to look upon them with scorn.

annab

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will not pay taxes for war, thank you very much
    • View Profile
Re: I hate AA
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:58:56 AM »
Tell us how you really feel.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:45 AM »
well you're Mexican- not white.
And you are probably stupid. If you can't get into Harvard on your own merit don't get mad because there are 2 minorities in a class of 100 that you feel are inferior. You are an idiot. Hope you fail out of law school and spend the rest of your life at Burger King.
Oops, was that rude? :P
UMiami c/o 2010

annab

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:16:23 AM »
I'm bothered by the fact that jillibean hopes for people to work at Burger King.  Fast food's kind of disgusting, and I'd like for it to go away.  :(

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 11:18:04 AM »
It was either Burger King or a crack whore and I figured the OP already had experience with the whole crack whore thing.
UMiami c/o 2010

annab

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »
It was either Burger King or a crack whore and I figured the OP already had experience with the whole crack whore thing.

That might be a good diversity statement.

nyclsat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »
And you are probably stupid. If you can't get into Harvard on your own merit don't get mad because there are 2 minorities in a class of 100 that you feel are inferior. You are an idiot. Hope you fail out of law school and spend the rest of your life at Burger King.

There are many white Mexicans.  You're willingness to lump an entire nation into racial categories does say something about your ardent support for AA.  Sure, whining about it is stupid, but it is a controversial issue.  How about some civility?

annab

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 11:51:31 AM »

There are many white Mexicans.  You're willingness to lump an entire nation into racial categories does say something about your ardent support for AA.  Sure, whining about it is stupid, but it is a controversial issue.  How about some civility?

Are you addressing jillibean or the original poster?

nyclsat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »
Jillibean

nyclsat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »
Well, I did a little by saying it's stupid to whine about AA.  But the overall message was directed at Jillibean.