Law School Discussion

Santa Clara Law

broyle99

• Diet coke and coke diet!
    • View Profile
Santa Clara Law
« on: March 24, 2007, 07:44:08 PM »
Can anyone provide me with more info on their program, housing or anything that might be of importance?  LSD's search feature no longer works and I'm sick of clicking through pages upon pages to find a Santa Clara thread.  However, I'll keep looking and if I find anything I'll post it here.

Thanks-

Re: Santa Clara Law
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 08:32:38 AM »
Can anyone provide me with more info on their program, housing or anything that might be of importance?  LSD's search feature no longer works and I'm sick of clicking through pages upon pages to find a Santa Clara thread.  However, I'll keep looking and if I find anything I'll post it here.

Thanks-
If you want to do patent law, Santa Clara is solid.

broyle99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »
That's about all I can gather.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:42:54 PM »
tag.  I am also interested in Santa Clara.  I am mostly interested in knowing whether I got in or not  ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 05:03:26 PM »
ALso, I'm not too impressed with their admissions office, which should be a big concern because it's dangerously close to drifting into the tier 3, which happened about a year ago. 

broyle99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:15:58 PM »
tag.  I am also interested in Santa Clara.  I am mostly interested in knowing whether I got in or not  ;)

My friend has a much higher LSAT than me and has been accepted everywhere I've been accepted plus about ten other schools and has yet to hear from them either.  What are you numbers, if you don't mind me asking?

mugatu

• I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 10:30:57 PM »
You can do a google search of the site from the main page.

broyle99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 10:41:34 PM »
You can do a google search of the site from the main page.

Ar you talking about an LSN google search?  If so, type "site:www.lawschooldiscussion.org" then your search criteria.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 10:44:39 PM »
the salaries for santa clara seem really high, but is that just cuz of the IP/Patent law program? how is it besides this area?

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »
the salaries for santa clara seem really high, but is that just cuz of the IP/Patent law program? how is it besides this area?

Starting Salaries (2004 Graduates Employed Full-time)
Private sector (25th-75th percentile): $75,000 - $125,000
Median in the private sector: $125,000
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information: 42%

I'd bet most of that 42% are those making the big bucks in IP law.  I'm not saying you can't do well out of SCU, I'm sure you can, but always take salary stats with a grain of salt.  They're almost always inflated.