Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Selling your house/condo for law school? Here are some tips:  (Read 830 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
Re: Selling your house/condo for law school? Here are some tips:
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 05:38:13 PM »
Matthies, these are great!!!

Not sure if we'll have to sell now, but I saved these tips for later.  One other tip my realtor friend gave me was to take screens off all of your windows and leave them in the garage. The house will instantly look brighter, especially if you keep the windows spotless.  And new owners can pop them back in if they want.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
If your house is dark naturally ( lack of windows/ trees or for whatever reason) switch out the lightbulbs to the new bright bulbs (halogen if you can afford them or GE Revel is another good option)

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 01:03:05 PM »
Thanks for the house-selling tips, Matthies!  Even though we decided not to sell our primary residence, we went ahead with the painting and new floor coverings.  Installed a couple of new light fixtures, too, to brighten the kitchen/dining areas.  Went with a three-lamp fixture that takes GE Revel bulbs--wow, very bright.  I had to put them on dimmer switches.

Got a deal on the painting labor--guy I work with does it on the side for $15/hour.  He and a helper painted seven rooms (and fixed holes/dings in the drywall) for $1365.  Trim, ceilings, doors, walls--heck of a job and in nice neutral colors.  I hate painting so it was worth it.  He's also going to install the Pergo flooring I bought on sale at Home Depot--again, $15/hour.  No carpet/flooring shop could touch that price.

If we can keep the pugs from tearing up the place over the next three years it'll still look nice when we go to sell.

Cleveland-Marshall 3L.