Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do People That Go To Law School Lift Weights/Workout?  (Read 1780 times)

lflyer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do People That Go To Law School Lift Weights/Workout?
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 01:10:03 PM »
I'll be hitting the gym at GW.  Its the only thing that has kept me sane through undergrad and I am hoping it serves a similar purpose in law school.  Besides, the GW gym is about 100 times bigger and nicer than what I'm coming from.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 01:20:12 PM »
As a 2L, I can report that most do not, and those that do enjoy being big fish in a small pond. Same with the hot girls. There are only 5-6 hot girls in a given class and their status is artificially inflated to an obscene level due to the slim pickings.

So do the weight-lifting guys and hot girls stick to themselves then?   ;)

I will probably continue to lift weights in law school.  It may just be more a matter of maintaining where I am rather than trying to make drastic changes. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 06:13:46 PM »
As a personal trainer I suppose I will be in the minority as well.   ;)  With all the stress of law school how can people afford NOT to work out?? Then again only about a 1/4 of the general population works out regularly (more than 4 times a week). One thing I love about the Bay Area, you cant drive down the street without seeing someone jogging, biking, skating ect. It's a great reminder and motivation.   ;D
Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara

lmm07

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 07:22:23 PM »
No pain = no pain.

Wow, my dad used to tell me that during my swimming days =)

I will definitely continue to workout... I caught the triathlon bug a year ago and have always been involved in intense sports, so I think I'd go crazy without working out!  Plus you can read while you work out (sometimes)... change of scenery =)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »
I worked out a lot the first semester, because it really took the edge off.  After a while, though, you just get used to the stress (if you can handle it.  If you can't, you continue to work out.)  Then the gym wasn't as appealing.  I tell myself every day to go back, and then just head into the library.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

YouveGotGold

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »
You bet your ass ill be crushing the weight room while ravaging my 10 pound bags of whey protein

jdhu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 08:17:34 PM »
Funny, I was going to post a thread similiar to this one...

I hope to continue to work out, at least the cardio stuff if not weights as often as I have time for now...

We are all getting older, metabolism slowing...working out is important hehe

smack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 09:57:40 PM »
I hope to work out harder in law school.  I figure it should be easier than now because now I am working 50+ hours a week.  The school I am going to attend has a great gym.  The thing I am most concerned about is my meals.  I try and eat every two hours.  Anybody have any ideas on that?

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 10:00:20 PM »
I hope to work out harder in law school.  I figure it should be easier than now because now I am working 50+ hours a week.  The school I am going to attend has a great gym.  The thing I am most concerned about is my meals.  I try and eat every two hours.  Anybody have any ideas on that?

Eating every two hours is always hard.  Maybe try taking snacks to classes?
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 10:07:23 PM »
Most law schools have a fridge, microwave, etc for the students. I pack a couple sandwiches for my long days and will often supplement that with a Clif Bar or something equally portable and easy to stick in my bag.

Avoid the free pizza at every student org meeting. You will get fat enough from the stress and alcohol.

For those looking for some good nutritional advice, I am a huge fan of the Abs Diet program from the Men's Health editors. http://www.amazon.com/Abs-Diet-Six-Week-Flatten-Stomach/dp/1594862168/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5094299-0598468?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174874679&sr=8-1
I was a four year collegiate athlete with a minor in sports science (not the most impressive credential but I'll hang my hat where I can) and the methodology of the book is sound & easy to follow.

Air Force JAG Corps