Law School Discussion

Waitlisted at UF

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at UF
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 07:17:03 PM »
I actually went there some years ago.  It is a great school and I am surprised it took a tumble in the rankings.

They canceled and consolidated the part time program.  This brought down the medians considerably.

Is that the whole no more two entering classes?  I know back in the day they had 200 entering in August and 200 entering in January and recently they did away with that and just have one entering class.

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »
yup, just one big class now.

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 07:37:06 PM »
Yeah, that will do it do you.  But I am sure with all of the new improvements they made, the will move back up the rankings again. I just want them to break inside of the top 40 at some point.

Booyakasha2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 07:41:22 PM »
Yeah, that will do it do you.  But I am sure with all of the new improvements they made, the will move back up the rankings again. I just want them to break inside of the top 40 at some point.
I think 25-50 there is very minimal differences.  All are more or less regional schools - only true national schools are T14.

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »
I think 25-50 there is very minimal differences.  All are more or less regional schools - only true national schools are T14.

I agree, but they are in danger of falling out of the top 50.  I just watn to make sure they stay there.  I would agree, except that some are even not regional but state schools.  But you are right, T14 are the only true national schools.

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 09:32:31 PM »
I really want to be admitted at UF...while I would prefer UNC, I would love to have the option to NOT break the bank.  I need to get more excited about becoming a Tarheel.

Booyakasha2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 06:52:35 PM »
didnt like Pitt or Temple?

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 07:38:43 PM »
I just couldnt picture myself living in the Northeast again...I hate the damn cold.

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 08:14:23 AM »
Waitlisted at UF as well.  If anyone hears anything, please let the rest of us know.

Reesespbcup

• Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »
I actually went there some years ago.  It is a great school and I am surprised it took a tumble in the rankings.

They canceled and consolidated the part time program.  This brought down the medians considerably.

Why/how? Are the rankings somehow based upon how many students you admit? Maybe this is a silly question...