Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ezboard  (Read 2873 times)

JBI

• View Profile
ezboard
« on: September 13, 2004, 11:46:50 PM »
Hey, just a quick message, I had been checking out the ezboard for Canadian law schools/students and got infected with spyware after posting a message. There was a pop up add and I may have selected it accidently, but I don't think so. It was a real pain to get rid of, so just be careful.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ezboard
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 01:42:54 PM »
yeah ...

happened to me as well.  stupid website ... and there's not too much useful information either.

VarsityBlues

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:00:09 PM »
JBI,

The same thing happened to me.  If anyone else gets infected with that spyare that underlines certain keywords in IE, download Ad-aware or Spybot (both are free and really good) to get rid of that crap.  I only wished someone mentioned that the site was loaded with spyware.  When it happened to me, I didn't know which site did it.  But yeah, it definitely was a real pain to scan my entire drive and remove it.

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 06:30:52 PM »
I was banned from there for comments on stabbing people from "Christians interested in Windsor Law school."

As if you can be Christian and be a lawyer! Heh, JOKING people.  But i was banned for the first part.

Matt

JBI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 06:51:02 PM »
I was lucky that my roommate is a computer whiz and was able to get rid of it. I had spy sweeper but every time it deleted the file, it would re-spawn. Grrr, stupid computer nerds who don't have anything better to do than to write viruses and spyware! geez, folks, do yourself a favour and go get laid!

Ok, rant over. And MAtt, good job for getting kicked out. The joys of living in a Politically Correct society.

Matthew_24_24

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 02:37:07 AM »
Ya it sucked. You'd be surprised how many times i get banned from websites.

Matt