Law School Discussion

Should I leave my boyfriend?

Re: Should I leave my boyfriend?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 11:44:25 PM »
Option #1 --- Stop acting like a future desperate housewife and go to the tier 1, finish top of your class, make a crap load of money, start your own firm, and then hire your TTT bf as a junior associate and never promote his sorry ass.  On days when you're bored threaten to fire him.

Option #2 --- Please refer to my name.

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 12:03:47 AM »
First, I have to agree with the many people on this thread who have said that you probably shouldn't be seeking advice on the internet, but instead talking to your boyfriend. But since the damage has been done, here is my opinion:

In general, I would say go for the top school. I am currently in a long-distance relationship and will be throughout law school, but I think it takes a certain type of person to make this work. Namely, a very independent and determined person. From the getgo you have said that you are pretty dependent, as shown by you transferring to be near him (nothing wrong with that). It just makes me think that you may be inclined to do this again if you choose the Tier 1 school and are miserable without him.

Basically, you need to decide what is more important to you. Personally I tend to follow a "no regrets" mentality, and I think that I might regret going to a worse school later in life, whereas I would probably not regret it if a relationship failed. Why? Because I believe that if a relationship is meant to be, it will be strong enough to withstand long distance. I see it as a test. Maybe I am just weird, but I think the best kind of relationship is one in which I am not only happy, but I am able to pursue my dreams and aspirations, however lofty they may be.

Now, it sounds like your boyfriend is very supportive of you either way, which is a good thing. Clearly he cares about you a lot. And if you were engaged or married, I would probably tell you to stay in the same town. But you aren't yet, so I'd say go for what you want - and if that is the Tier 1 school, sounds like he'd be willing to support your decision. I just wonder if YOU'D be happy with it. You need to decide what will make you happiest, and which decision you would regret the least. Good luck.

Pugnacious

• C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 12:05:22 AM »
And btw, 8 hours driving time is NOTHING. That's like a <2 hr flight.

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 12:16:21 AM »
:o<=====8

Ah... this one is coming along nicely!

JOIN US!

PhiMuAmberkins

• A self-tar.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »
I agree that if you're asking for advice on here, you probably need convincing.  However, here are a few things to think about:
-Not saying that he will, but men (and women) cheat and lie and leave.  An education, as cheesy as it sounds, won't do those things to you. 
-Who's to say you won't meet someone better? 
-If it's meant to be...well, ya know.
I know personally I could never be in a long-distance relationship.  That's just the type of personality I have.  I would cheat.  I would become frustrated.  I wouldn't be able to handle it.  But I also am way too independent to stay for someone.  Since you transferred to be with him, you probably are a little different than me, but you still need to evaluate these things.  And maybe...talk to him, your parents, friends, etc.  Random anonymous people on a message board may not be the best source of advice.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

tobias

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »
Within a few sentences of each other you are questioning whether you should stay with your boyfriend to go the better school and also saying that you plan to get married in the near future. If this is a real conflict for you, the only advice I could give you is that you are not ready to get married.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 02:13:36 PM »
Some of the serious replies to this thread make me worry that LSD is in danger of turning into TLS

Say it aint so

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 02:15:07 PM »
Some of the serious replies to this thread make me worry that LSD is in danger of turning into TLS

Say it aint so

Mmm, yes.  I was expecting more people to try to seduce the OP. 

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »
Let it be known....there will be no discussion of "feelings" here, we will discuss only the following:

1) Law School
2) Sex
3) Lemon Cake
4) Poo
5) Sex
6) All of the above

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »

Say it aint so

Mmm, yes.  I was expecting more people to try to seduce the OP. 

i'm still having issues with all these abbreviations. what's "OP"? opening poster? lol.