Author Topic: Blah.  (Read 431 times)

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
Blah.
« on: March 22, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »
Blah.

That's how this weeks two rejections an a WL has me feeling. They were at schools I was positive would reject me, so why am I feeling like this? I kept thinking that once the rejections came I would feel better (better than all the uncertainty of waiting), but really I just feel worse. Maybe this is why some people are religious -- some hope, no matter how absurd, feels better than knowing you're rejected.

Blah.

/end kill self attitude, back to your regularly programmed "CheerySwirl"

:)

h2xblive

Re: Blah.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 07:48:22 PM »
How was the rest of your week?

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »
Uhhh... In terms of what?

I did give a kick-ass presentation about my senior research on Saturday at a professional conference.  Got lots of kudos from the panel moderator.

:-* to Villefort for helping me focus on the positives.  I need to learn to stay away from the "Yale vs. Columbia ($$) vs. Duke ($$$)" threads. :)

How is everybody else's week going?

h2xblive

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
Mine's going alright; I'm glad it's almost over, though. 

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »
:-* to Villefort for helping me focus on the positives.  I need to learn to stay away from the "Yale vs. Columbia ($$) vs. Duke ($$$)" threads. :)

Exactly. Only losers consider Duke.

h2xblive

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »

Exactly. Only losers consider Duke.

Amen   :P

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 08:17:30 PM »

Seriously.

If only we could skip ahead to the weekend. Or better yet, skip ahead to June. :)

h2xblive

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 08:17:57 PM »

Seriously.

If only we could skip ahead to the weekend. Or better yet, skip ahead to June. :)

What happens in June?

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 08:18:31 PM »

Seriously.

motion seconded.

Definitely stay away from those threads swirls, they are no good at all.  Stay here in OT-land with us, it's MUCH more fun

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 08:23:30 PM »
What happens in June?

Well, graduation happens at the end of May. So I could stand to skip ahead to then. In June I'm planning on being in Costa Rica with the fam, on the beach, in the rainforest, and doing anything that doesn't resemble studying or writing papers. :)

motion seconded.

Definitely stay away from those threads swirls, they are no good at all.  Stay here in OT-land with us, it's MUCH more fun

Agreed. MUCH more fun.

But you've been mysteriously absent from my computer screen today, Mr. Illini. *stamps foot*

Hey, tomorrow night I'm going to a comedy club. Free tickets + inexpensive drinks = HappySwirl. Now if I could just find a DD ... ;)