Law School Discussion

So confused...Help!

So confused...Help!
« on: March 22, 2007, 02:17:10 PM »
So totally unexpected, today in the mail I receive notification of a full tuition scholarship at U Balt, renewable with a 3.25 GPA.  Now I don't know what to do!  Drexel is only offering me 4k/yr, and I am still waiting to hear back from Penn (no chance though), Rutgers-C, Temple, and Villanova.  Both Balt and Drexel have 4/1 deposit deadlines.  I am going to email Drexel to see if they can increase the scholarship in light of this other offer I have.  But, does anyone think a full scholarship at U Balt is worth considering over if I get accepted into Rutgers, Temple, or Villanova?  I think I may have to put a deposit down at Balt just in case....But now, should I take Drexel out of the running since I am only getting 4k?  I am so confused!!!

Re: So confused...Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:21:05 PM »
So totally unexpected, today in the mail I receive notification of a full tuition scholarship at U Balt, renewable with a 3.25 GPA.  Now I don't know what to do!  Drexel is only offering me 4k/yr, and I am still waiting to hear back from Penn (no chance though), Rutgers-C, Temple, and Villanova.  Both Balt and Drexel have 4/1 deposit deadlines.  I am going to email Drexel to see if they can increase the scholarship in light of this other offer I have.  But, does anyone think a full scholarship at U Balt is worth considering over if I get accepted into Rutgers, Temple, or Villanova?  I think I may have to put a deposit down at Balt just in case....But now, should I take Drexel out of the running since I am only getting 4k?  I am so confused!!!

What is the curve like there?  It might be hard to keep a 3.25 depending on that.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
How can I find that out...?

faith

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »
if you need more time before you make a decision, maybe you could ask for an extension for the seat deposit deadline? that would give you some more time to research each school before you make a decision.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 02:33:35 PM »
I am going to ask at Drexel, but the U Balt admissions letter specifically says they will not extend the deadline at all, that is their policy.  I am just so overwhelmed right now, I never expected a full scholarship at all.  And I was planning to visit Drexel this weekend, but maybe I might have to instead schedule a tour of U Balt with this offer...

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:36:55 PM »
Accredited is better than not. Balt, unless you're accepted elsewhere. If you want to practice in Philly or South Jersey, your other accredited options are better.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 02:48:44 PM »
Let's say that I (hopefully) get into Rutgers, Temple, or Villanova, but have to pay full price for any of them.  (BTW, I am a NJ resident, making RU-C pretty cheap).  Would it be crazy to turn down U Balt's offer to attend one of these schools?  Originally I thought I would practice in Philly, but this offer is quite attractive.  Basically I want to be within 1 hour or so of Wilmington area, because I plan to move in with my SO and that's where his job is. 

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »
Let's say that I (hopefully) get into Rutgers, Temple, or Villanova, but have to pay full price for any of them.  (BTW, I am a NJ resident, making RU-C pretty cheap).  Would it be crazy to turn down U Balt's offer to attend one of these schools?  Originally I thought I would practice in Philly, but this offer is quite attractive.  Basically I want to be within 1 hour or so of Wilmington area, because I plan to move in with my SO and that's where his job is. 

no

Journeyman

• The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 04:27:03 PM »
I would take it under 2 conditions:

1. You have good legal connections back home  or
2. You wouldn't mind starting out in Baltimore

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 05:00:33 PM »
I would take it under 2 conditions:

1. You have good legal connections back home  or
2. You wouldn't mind starting out in Baltimore

TITCR, pretty much. UBalt isn't really a school you hear mentioned much around here in NJ...