Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings LEOP  (Read 5410 times)

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hastings LEOP
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
During a LEOP chat I asked the director if the other students or professors knew who was in LEOP.  She said they do not.  I am sure some people figure it out if they see you attend the extra sessions or if you tell them ect.  But I dont think there is a blinking sign that says-- Short bus here!!!   ;) 
Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara

korhashamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »
does being admitted via LEOP equate to taking the small bus to school?

I applied to Hastings via LEOP and I wouldn't consider myself in the "small bus" category. I liked the additional help that came with LEOP. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten in without. I think that is the stereotype the program carries though and a reason Hastings struggles in the US News ranking.

i understand that being admitted via LEOP is not the equivalent of the "small bus" category, but i should have been more specific...do you think outsiders (i.e. other non-LEOP students) will stereotype you as such anyway?

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 10:32:56 PM »

I applied to Hastings via LEOP and I wouldn't consider myself in the "small bus" category. I liked the additional help that came with LEOP. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten in without. I think that is the stereotype the program carries though and a reason Hastings struggles in the US News ranking.

i understand that being admitted via LEOP is not the equivalent of the "small bus" category, but i should have been more specific...do you think outsiders (i.e. other non-LEOP students) will stereotype you as such anyway?

Who cares? It all comes down to class ranking, stereotype or not.

korhashamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 12:13:27 AM »

Who cares? It all comes down to class ranking, stereotype or not.

good point.  it really shouldn't matter.  i was asking purely out of my own interest.  i don't intend on enrolling at UC Hastings, although its a great school.  good luck to the rest of you.  i should be sending in my withdrawal within the next few days.

broyle99

• Diet coke and coke diet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 12:45:54 AM »
If you dont mind me asking, what were your numbers? I just wish I knew already....

LSAT: 159 GPA: 3.5

broyle99

• Diet coke and coke diet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 12:48:07 AM »

You, specifically?  I would hope so.

hastings_girl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 03:15:54 AM »
Same time frame as the above poster but I was rejected via LEOP. We sent apps and received our decisions within a couple of days of one another.

Side note: I'm white.
I applied for LEOP early decision and heard back on Dec. 15th. I was pretty impressed but apparently hastings receives over 1/2 of its applications in January...hence the longer wait periods. 
Side note: I'm white too  ;)

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »
Same time frame as the above poster but I was rejected via LEOP. We sent apps and received our decisions within a couple of days of one another.

I applied for LEOP early decision and heard back on Dec. 15th. I was pretty impressed but apparently hastings receives over 1/2 of its applications in January...hence the longer wait periods. 

Hot.

hastings_girl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 02:31:52 PM »

Hot.

And I really like titties!
                                                                |
Thanks...As is your perma-quote  ;)  V

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »

Hot.

|
Thanks...As is your perma-quote  ;)  V

:o

>:(

;)