Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings LEOP  (Read 5206 times)

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hastings LEOP
« on: March 22, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »
So I applied to Hastings via the LEOP program.  I havent heard anything back.  I applied early Dec.  I was wondering if anyone else on here applied to the LEOP program? If so have you heard anything? It looks like alot of decisions have been going out recently.... ???
Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hastings LEOP
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »
why isnt this showing up under "recent unread posts"?

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:04:52 PM »
Awww thanks lady!!!  ;D

SophistAKAted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 04:29:04 AM »
So I applied to Hastings via the LEOP program.  I havent heard anything back.  I applied early Dec.  I was wondering if anyone else on here applied to the LEOP program? If so have you heard anything? It looks like alot of decisions have been going out recently.... ???

I applied back in Nov through the LEOP program, but they didn't receive my report until Jan when my LSAT score was posted....still sitting tight hoping for some good news. How do you know a lot of decisions have been going out recently?

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 01:03:37 PM »
law school numbers

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 02:43:16 PM »
I applied to Hastings through LEOP and got in. Finished in mid-November, accepted late January.

Good luck!

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 02:48:19 PM »
Congrats!!! Did you apply early action? I wish I would have but with my husband in the military we had to wait until late Nov to know where he was headed.  I was complete mid December though.  If you dont mind me asking what were your numbers?

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 04:20:13 PM »
Well if I get into Hastings, our puppies can be friends.  (I am assuming that your avatar is your dog).  I have a 2 year old mini doxie named Bella  ;D  I am just really surprised that I havent been rejected by Hastings yet.  With my numbers I am a long shot, thank heavens for LEOP.  I am a little concerned as to what constitutes eligibility for LEOP.  I grew up in foster care, was abandoned at age 8 with my three little brothers.  I supported myself through college ect ect.  Anyway we will see.  They dont seem to have found my application yet ;) We will see!!

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 04:26:32 PM »
Mine is a 1.5 year old mini doxie named Erik the Red (I figured if he's a German dog he should have a correspondingly bloodthirsty Viking name). He was the runt of his litter, and I think his mother might have sat on him when he was a newborn, so he has some deformities in his paws and back, but he's still the cutest ever. Hyper as hell, but I'm hoping he'll mellow out more within the next year or so.

Re Hastings, I'm not sure how they go about choosing candidates. My mother has MS and my dad passed away during my UG, so I had a nice little story.

Truthfully, I didn't mean to apply through LEOP. I just checked the box and filled out the application because my stupid ass thought that they would look over my application through both programs (i.e. if I don't get in normally, LEOP would look at it). I don't even know what I was thinking. But on this board I've since come across multiple people with scores similar or higher than mine who have been rejected or waitlisted, so in retrospect I'm glad I went through LEOP.

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »
I tried to change my avatar to insert a picture of bella but it isnt working correctly, or I am not doing right.  Who knows  ??? At any rate she is little too, and dont tell her I told you, bow legged  ;)  she is super cute though. 

So do you think you will attend Hastings? I noticed your destination as Cutthroat Island... so I assume yes ;) Where you at now? we have already relocated to the area and every time I go to the city I resist the urge to just go and knock on the door and say, hi!! remember me? please please oh please let me in!!!  ::)