Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone know of T1 schools that DON'T have a sizeable Jewish population?  (Read 3981 times)

skyhigh711

• View Profile
Credible/first-hand evidence of this is appreciated.  Please no random guesses (I can do that, too). 

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm not sure I understand why this should be relevant...?

skyhigh711

• View Profile
If you're Jewish, it could be.  How much of a Jewish community exists can be a factor just like how much racial diversity exists.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Does anyone know any T1 schools that don't have blacks, gays, or women? 

tyia. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Does anyone know any T1 schools that don't have blacks, gays, or women? 

tyia. 

Well put.  I think the phrasing of the question lends itself to a particular (prejudiced) interpretation.  If one were seeking a school with a large Jewish community, wouldn't you ask for schools that display that particular characteristic?  It certainly seemed like the OP was stressing avoidance instead...

skyhigh711

• View Profile
Relax, people.  Most T1 schools do, so I thought phrasing it the other way around would just be easier.  I'm actually looking for schools that DO have a Jewish presence so chill.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Relax, people.  Most T1 schools do, so I thought phrasing it the other way around would just be easier.  I'm actually looking for schools that DO have a Jewish presence so chill.

Hah, I'm sure they all have some Jewish people.  You'll be OK. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Go to NYU/CLS. Game over.

ishi

• View Profile
Credible/first-hand evidence of this is appreciated.  Please no random guesses (I can do that, too). 

uh, BYU?

broyle99

• Diet coke and coke diet!
    • View Profile
I don't think Yeshiva has too many.