Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford News?  (Read 1504 times)

igottarock

• View Profile
Re: Stanford News?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 11:42:38 AM »
llm07, congrats!  I have to ask though, did you get accepted to the ll.m. program or j.d.?  It's not the same thing.

Diecisiete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 11:47:27 AM »
According to their website: http://www.law.stanford.edu/program/degrees/jd/jd_application/#notification_of_acceptance

The law school uses a rolling admissions process, acting upon applications throughout the admissions season as they are completed. However, some applications are held until the committee has reviewed the entire applicant pool. This second review occurs during April, at which time the class will be filled.

I was under the impression that I'm done if I don't hear back before April, but perhaps I still have a chance.  :)
CLS 2L

Schruted

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love her.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 11:55:01 AM »
According to their website: http://www.law.stanford.edu/program/degrees/jd/jd_application/#notification_of_acceptance

The law school uses a rolling admissions process, acting upon applications throughout the admissions season as they are completed. However, some applications are held until the committee has reviewed the entire applicant pool. This second review occurs during April, at which time the class will be filled.

I was under the impression that I'm done if I don't hear back before April, but perhaps I still have a chance.  :)

There were zero acceptances after March last year on LSN, so I don't buy the second review in April thing. If it exists, it probably only results in acceptances if they foresee a lower yield than usual from the admits they actually want.

There were, however, a few acceptances up until the end of March, so there's still hope.
NYU 2010

lmm07

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »
sorry, yeah, i'm applying to get a jd.
good luck, and don't give up hope yet!

trivialine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 03:12:41 PM »
Agreed. You'll be doing the rest of us a huge favor.

If you didn't already call, save your energy. I called a couple of days ago and got the response that they are still reviewing applications, application is before the committee, etc.

johnproctor98

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »
yeah, I guess that's not a surprise. Fingers crossed for another few weeks at least, I guess.
In: Boalt, Georgetown, NYU
Waiting: Stanford, Columbia, Michigan, University of Washington

LSN

ImpactPlayer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 05:10:48 PM »
How does Stanford's review process work anyway?  Anyone know?