Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help, I only have til April 1st  (Read 384 times)

Considering_Law

• View Profile
    • One Woman's Quest
    • Email
Help, I only have til April 1st
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »
How can I choose a law school if I haven't been sent my financial aid package from one yet?  I have to choose between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall.  Problem is, Seton Hall didn't send me their financial aid package yet (according to them they start sending them out March 16th) but Rutgers needs my answer by April 1st.  What should I do?  I want to go to Seton Hall but I need to make sure I can get enough money to pay for it, whereas Rutgers sent me their financial aid package so I know I can afford that.  Anyone got any suggestions? :-\

cmickey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Help, I only have til April 1st
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 10:55:01 AM »
How can I choose a law school if I haven't been sent my financial aid package from one yet?  I have to choose between Rutgers-Newark and Seton Hall.  Problem is, Seton Hall didn't send me their financial aid package yet (according to them they start sending them out March 16th) but Rutgers needs my answer by April 1st.  What should I do?  I want to go to Seton Hall but I need to make sure I can get enough money to pay for it, whereas Rutgers sent me their financial aid package so I know I can afford that.  Anyone got any suggestions? :-\

Call the financial aid office at Seton Hall and explain your time concerns. They just might be able to help you over the phone.

Considering_Law

• View Profile
    • One Woman's Quest
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
 :-\

Considering_Law

• View Profile
    • One Woman's Quest
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »
So I called the financial aid office.  My package wasn't in the newest batch they sent out. :'(
They said they just recently received my SAR report and that a new batch will be printing out on Tuesday since they only do it 2 times a week.  She said she'd call me if my name was in the new batch on Tuesday.  At this point, next tuesday is the 27th, I only have til the 1st to make my decision.  Oh boy. :(

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »
sucks, but if you can afford it, put down your Rutgers deposit

Or call Rutgers and ask for an extension
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush