Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Withdrawing (Appreciative Admissions Offices)  (Read 432 times)

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Withdrawing (Appreciative Admissions Offices)
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:42:16 AM »
I just wanted to say that I was pleasantly surprised this morning by responses I got to withdrawal emails.  I had withdrawn from a couple schools a couple months ago and didn't hear anything back at all; I just gradually stopped receiving mailings and emails.  This morning I emailed a bunch of other schools (just replying back to email addresses I had received emails from in the past), and I've already received three really nice emails back wishing me luck and thanking me.  I get the impression that most people don't bother to withdraw, and they really appreciate it when people do!
Michigan Law Class of 2010

beeker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawing (Appreciative Admissions Offices)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:46:50 AM »
Yeah, UVA was very nice when I withdrew.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »
I just wanted to say that I was pleasantly surprised this morning by responses I got to withdrawal emails.  I had withdrawn from a couple schools a couple months ago and didn't hear anything back at all; I just gradually stopped receiving mailings and emails.  This morning I emailed a bunch of other schools (just replying back to email addresses I had received emails from in the past), and I've already received three really nice emails back wishing me luck and thanking me.  I get the impression that most people don't bother to withdraw, and they really appreciate it when people do!

Was one of them BU? They were really nice. Still haven't heard from Fordham...
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:07:08 AM »
Nope... Vanderbilt, W&M, and Emory.
Michigan Law Class of 2010