Law School Discussion

Adderall for LSAT

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
Re: Adderall for LSAT
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »
Iím thinking about blood-doping before my LSAT retake. I really think itís going to help my stamina and give me the edge I need. Has anyone ever tried this?!?!?

Funky Cold Hrdina

• Relative Anonymity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 01:13:58 PM »
They are banning digital timers and mechanical pencils

That's just sadism. 

Are you kidding? I got at least 5 points out of my mechanical pencil. I'm just pissed they're on to my scam.

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »
Oh my.  And that person had the pug avatar?  Yeeeeesh.

I think he had the same pic for a while.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php?action=profile;u=13936

yeah, he did. Which is what was confusing me. non-Star Wars pugs are fine.

;D

party hat donning retrievers are fine too.

Guy Who 1-Ups You

• Now, with italics!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »
"Goalie pwns Bread (non-sexually)"

JuanTwoThree

• Arnold is numero uno
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 03:25:49 PM »
Don't do it. Do you want to constantly want to feel like you need a chemical boost in order to compete with your peers? This is a major fork in your life and I'd advise you strongly not to take the path of destruction.

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 03:59:19 PM »
Don't do it. Do you want to constantly want to feel like you need a chemical boost in order to compete with your peers? This is a major fork in your life and I'd advise you strongly not to take the path of destruction.

Arnold, you wouldn't know anything about chemical boosts from personal experience, would you??  Eh?? ;D

I'm still laughing from your picture.

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »
I'm prescribed to adderall, but it makes me poop a lot when I study, so I didn't take it in fear of crapping my pants during the real LSAT.  I did have to adapt to my perceptions of the RC section not being as interesting as it was while on Adderall.  I feel crapping my pants is detrimental to my health, so I had to weigh my desired intrigue of RC sections with the sensations attributed to sitting in my own feces for a while.

With the increase of pressure, from the numerous components of our lives, from now in pre-law stage until Big Law (those of us taking this route), I'm sure that there will be an increase of people around us turning to different means of coping.  My friends that work in I-Banking say that a good majority of analysts and associates indulge in cocaine and other amphetamines, while working those 90+ hours/week.  I always heard that attorneys have one of the highest substance-abuse rates.  I couldn't find the exact stats, but this article details a little bit about it:

http://www.michbar.org/journal/article.cfm?articleID=745&volumeID=58

That first citation looks interesting, "Chemical Dependency in Legal Education: Problems and Strategies," but I haven't had the chance to look up that article yet.

Just remember, if you ever feel the need to adamantly inform everyone on a "cyber-community" that what they could be doing is bad, you are either so f'ing kick-ass that no one can look at you straight in the eye, or you are an ass-muncher.  Either way, anyone who is anybody will be fighting for affiliation with you.  Make sure to always remind the teacher that he/she forgot to hand out the weekend homework.  And NEVER forget to tattle-tale on those kids that were rough-housing during recess.  Think of Dwight from "The Office."

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »
Why are the moral crusaders always preaching about this topic?  It really doesn't matter who thinks what about adderall because people are going to use it regardless.  If you feel as if someone is getting an unfair advantage using the medication then take some yourself to level the playing field.  If not then petition the ABA to look at better ways to evaluate candidates rather than placing so much emphasis on a 4 hour test that essentially measures nothing.

Before you all start crying I did very well on the LSAT thanks to adderall.  But as far as I am concerned it still measures nothing.  If I were to be evaluated on what I have actually accomplished, I probably would not have taken adderall.  I can play the game just like everyone else.  Schools want a high lsat score, I take adderall.  Plain and simple.

Actually using adderall does level the playing field as far as I am concerned.  It amazes me how many people suddenly decide that they are gay when applying to law school or use some other "feel bad factor" that gives people a boost in admissions.

Hope this helps.

Lara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 07:15:31 PM »
It really doesn't matter who thinks what about adderall because people are going to use it regardless.  If you feel as if someone is getting an unfair advantage using the medication then take some yourself to level the playing field. 

Mr. Mackey, is this an everyone is doing so it's ok and you should too argument?

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 07:32:55 PM »
No it's not.  It's the I will do what I need to do to get where I want to be as long as I'm not harming anyone in the process argument.