« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:07 AM »
Sorry BYU, guess we cant all be Mormon

BYU RULES

• Go Cougars!
    • View Profile
Re: Adderall for LSAT
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 10:28:42 AM »
Sorry BYU, guess we cant all be Mormon

I don't expect everyone to be Mormon (although that would be great!), I just want people to have integrity, especially future lawyers.

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 10:33:48 AM »
Taking prescription drugs without a prescription is illegal, not to mention immoral.  In the case of taking them for the LSAT, it is cheating.  I'm taking the LSAT this June and I hope nobody cheats.

C0CK

That's an ad hominem fallacy.  You better get used to logic if you're taking the LSAT soon!

no fallacy here. you're simply a C0CK. You better get used to reality if you're going to be part of the real world soon!

BYU RULES

• Go Cougars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 10:50:28 AM »
Taking prescription drugs without a prescription is illegal, not to mention immoral.  In the case of taking them for the LSAT, it is cheating.  I'm taking the LSAT this June and I hope nobody cheats.

C0CK

That's an ad hominem fallacy.  You better get used to logic if you're taking the LSAT soon!

no fallacy here. you're simply a C0CK. You better get used to reality if you're going to be part of the real world soon!

You're not addressing my assertions.   And I don't like your language.

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 10:58:47 AM »

C0CK

There was no fallacy.  It was a declaration, not a premise or a conclusion.  It was ad hominem, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an attempt to refute your claim.

Good luck on the LSAT.

BYU RULES

• Go Cougars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 11:03:37 AM »

C0CK

There was no fallacy.  It was a declaration, not a premise or a conclusion.  It was ad hominem, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an attempt to refute your claim.

Good luck on the LSAT.

I'm surprised you got a 177.  Either way, I don't intend to offend, just stating what I believe!

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »

C0CK

Good luck on the LSAT.

I'm surprised you got a 177.  Either way, I don't intend to offend, just stating what I believe!

Well I'm not surprised you haven't taken the test yet... let me know when your cockiness wears off.  I didn't find your original statement offensive, but your snotty response, while perhaps warrented, was mistaken.  Go back to your logic books.  On the plus side, I don't recall having ever dealt with ad hominem fallacies on the LSAT, so I think you're covered.

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »
My 500 words would read: Because it's very unlikely that I'll get caught.

So there's some "chance of getting caught" threshold... on one side we have illegal acts that are ok and on the other we have illegal acts that are not ok?

I think you can find something to be ethically acceptable in spite of the fact that it's illegal. I might still feel that it was important to uphold the law for the sake of respecting the system, but something isn't necessarily wrong just because it's illegal.

Goalie, once again, shows how wise she is.

People on LSD like to completely ignore OP's question, and just rant about whatever the hell they think they should rant about.  He didn't ask if it's legal, he asked if it could help him perform better on the LSAT. 

To answer this question, YES, I've heard of many people performing better after taking the pill.

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 12:17:43 PM »
Discussing the moral/ethical implications is not really going to deter Adderall users if it's going to significantly improve their LSAT performance, nor will it really change anyone's personal opinions on drug use/abuse.  We all know some drugs are illegal, we all know people do them anyway.

The OP's question was asking about the scientific effects of Adderall, not about its legal implications.  I think the responses from the Adderall users have been interesting and informative, though I would not use it myself out of fear of the potential side effects.

That's fine.  The OP can be a criminal if he/she wants to be one.  I'm not debating that at all.  I'm just interested in the rationalizations for it.  :)

I dont wanna make assumptions about who you are, because obvioiusly I dont know you, but I'd suspect at times in your life you were a criminal as well? If you drank b4 21, smoked pot, surpassed the speed limit, rolled through a stop. You probably did this knowing full well it is criminal, yet still rationalizing it with yourself.

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 12:18:22 PM »
Hey, just so ya'll know, they actually do test ad hominens on the LSAT. That's not to defend the BYU dude, though.