Law School Discussion

Adderall for LSAT

Adderall for LSAT
« on: March 21, 2007, 06:41:34 PM »
Does taking Adderall before the test help boost your?  Anyone with experience?

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Adderall for LSAT
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 06:44:31 PM »
No experience here.

Just chiming in to say that if you don't have a prescription, it's illegal to take adderall before the LSAT.  Plus, if you need adderall for the LSAT, what do you take before the bar - crack?

If you really think that you need adderall to get your true LSAT score, go see a doc and get a professional, real world, opinion.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »
Adderall just makes it possible for you to focus for longer periods of time--it's up to you to have the desire to focus. Take it from someone who has ADHD and a prescription, it isn't a miracle drug by any means.

Oh, and listen to Boss because, well, she's the boss.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:48:40 PM »
Jesus I can't stand this. I'm not talking about the thread itself but the responses telling the OP that taking adderall is illegal and immoral for the LSAT unless you have a condition. NO *&^%! I'm sure the OP didn't come on here to have people tell him/her that it's immoral/illegal to take the drug. Everytime I see someone nag on posts like this I just think 'wow, thanks for the f-in lecture mom'....Sorry, I've read through other threads like this and I can't stand the lectures people give.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 08:55:25 PM »
alright guys let's let the truth be known once and for all:

http://www.americanpolicy.org/educ/ritalinispoison.htm

Lara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »
Jesus I can't stand this. I'm not talking about the thread itself but the responses telling the OP that taking adderall is illegal and immoral for the LSAT unless you have a condition. NO *&^%! I'm sure the OP didn't come on here to have people tell him/her that it's immoral/illegal to take the drug. Everytime I see someone nag on posts like this I just think 'wow, thanks for the f-in lecture mom'....Sorry, I've read through other threads like this and I can't stand the lectures people give.

Mr. Lax, I don't give lectures to fools even though you could use something with a little more sting to it.
If you want to discuss illegal and immoral things without judgement I suggest you find a doing drugs discussion board.
You will encounter ethics here whether you like it or not.

mr

• "You're going to cure death? MUAHAHAHA...doubt it"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 09:02:01 PM »
Here, here

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
Jesus I can't stand this. I'm not talking about the thread itself but the responses telling the OP that taking adderall is illegal and immoral for the LSAT unless you have a condition. NO sh*t! I'm sure the OP didn't come on here to have people tell him/her that it's immoral/illegal to take the drug. Everytime I see someone nag on posts like this I just think 'wow, thanks for the f-in lecture mom'....Sorry, I've read through other threads like this and I can't stand the lectures people give.

Mr. Lax, I don't give lectures to fools even though you could use something with a little more sting to it.
If you want to discuss illegal and immoral things without judgement I suggest you find a doing drugs discussion board.
You will encounter ethics here whether you like it or not.

This is true... the OP should be advised of the illegality of taking a scheduled substance without a prescription. However, I think the initial response was a bit extreme too.

Lara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:16:35 PM »

However, I think the initial response was a bit extreme too.

Not really, the top part was pure dicta and the holding at the end prescribed seeking valid medical advice.

If you really think that you need adderall to get your true LSAT score, go see a doc and get a professional, real world, opinion.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 10:05:31 PM »
I meant the middle part - "what are you gonna do next - crack?"

As someone who has noticably exhibited several add symptoms since childhood, and who's on adderall at the moment (not a cure-all for the record, but it can help, and I'm assuming better methods of treatment will be discovered in the future), I was like "great, here comes someone about to condemn anyone who takes ritalin or adderall".

Now that I look at it (esp. considering context - and the title of the thread itself), it is probably not what boss meant to say, but I was anticipating a debate on the validity of add diagnosis.

I won't encourage it further other than to say its got to be a happy medium btw nature/nurture etc.