Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Being Waitlisted sucks!  (Read 2852 times)

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: Being Waitlisted sucks!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 08:20:42 PM »
Not really...I am out of school already so most of my professors probably wouldn't remember me anyway - damn public schools.

Bastards!
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

southernhostess

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 02:56:09 PM »
Are you serious?! I got waitlisted at two schools in the same day! I feel so  :-[

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
I'd rather be waitlisted early in the cycle than have an app pending for 4-5 months with no decision (assuming I've been accepted SOMEWHERE).

At least that way you can say "Well I'm going to X school, unless I get pulled of the waitlist at Z school."

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 04:23:47 PM »
I'd rather be waitlisted early in the cycle than have an app pending for 4-5 months with no decision (assuming I've been accepted SOMEWHERE).

At least that way you can say "Well I'm going to X school, unless I get pulled of the waitlist at Z school."

Seriously. I am still waiting on 3 schools, and I just want them to reject me already so I can move on with my life. They better not WL me this late in the game.
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack

emzies123

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 09:18:20 PM »
I agree with guppy.. i HATE being waitlisted. i'd honestly prefer to be rejected because then i wouldn't have the fact that i have the tiniest possibility that i could end up somewhere else after i give my seat deposit hanging over my head

plus, i don't want to write any stupid LOCI!!
University of Maryland 2010!!

dhoagie99

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 08:48:54 PM »
I agree with guppy.. i HATE being waitlisted. i'd honestly prefer to be rejected because then i wouldn't have the fact that i have the tiniest possibility that i could end up somewhere else after i give my seat deposit hanging over my head

I just want to get a final answer so I don't feel like I'm wasting $250 sending a deposit to a school that is my fourth or fifth choice.
Accepted: UWashington, W&L, UNC, Miami ($$), Florida, Temple ($$), Villanova, Seton Hall ($$$), SMU ($$), Baylor ($$$), Penn State
Waitlisted: Penn, Vanderbilt, ND, W&M
Rejected: Cal-Berkeley

ApesAMB

• AOL Instant Messenger - ApesAMB
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 09:36:24 AM »
I agree that being waitlited sucks, but you know what sucks more?  The fact that is is now May 1st, and I haven't heard ANYTHING from 6 of the 9 schools I applied to.  I am going absolutely crazy waiting!
Boston College Class of 2011!

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »

Seriously. I am still waiting on 3 schools, and I just want them to reject me already so I can move on with my life. They better not WL me this late in the game.

How about getting a fee waiver, then getting deferred, and finally being waitlisted? That's what Lewis and Clark did to me. So I withdrew after several months of waiting on a school that insisted I apply. I wish they would have just told me that they weren't serious about my application. The funny thing is that I had a 75% chance of getting in at L&C according to LSAC. Their fee waiver arrived in early February so I guess they were just looking to lower their acceptance rate. I also got into USD ,which is a more competitive school, even though my chances were 45%.

I just want to get a final answer so I don't feel like I'm wasting $250 sending a deposit to a school that is my fourth or fifth choice.

Even though I have been waitlisted at most of my target schools, I got into my third choice. So it was easy to withdraw from my waitlists. This process just showed me that I had applied to way too many schools. I shouldn't even have applied outside of California. I guess I got a little carried away but luck stepped in and got me an acceptance to the target school that I preferred.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN