Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Search function  (Read 46356 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: Search function
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2009, 01:56:20 PM »
vitamin water is awesome...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »
what war they fighting?

tj1320

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 10:08:58 PM »
Wow, I think this is the first MB I've EVER been to without a search function. What are the future plans regarding this feature? IMO, it is a must have. Otherwise you can't find what you are looking for and you have to ask a bunch of questions that have probably already been asked many times before.

For example, I'm taking the PowerScore virtual online course in May and I am curious as to who has taken it and what they thought of it. Looks like I won't know until the search feature is activated.

morayi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 04:29:39 AM »
Hi all,

I see this post is bit outdated but I'd like to offer couple of solutions:

Solution #1 (temporary) : Google indexes every indexable web page on the entire internet and allows you to search these pages. Since a website is a combination of these individual pages, then you can search the contents of a website (ie: www.lawschooldiscussion.org) at google without needing a local search functionality in a website. So here is how you can do this : go to google.com and in the search box search :

site:lawschooldiscussion.org your search term

Solution #2 (permanent) : If the moderators of the board would like any help in restoring the search functionality, I can help you with that. I am an IT Systems Engineer for a large insurance company. I can troubleshoot your Simple Machines Forum installation and fix the issue.
I've started to pursue education in Law. Currently taking LSAT prep course. I find this site to be very helpful in many of my questions and built in search function would be +++.

Please feel free to email me if you need help. aydin@morayi.com