Law School Discussion

Who here still hasn't heard back from a ton of places?

Who here still hasn't heard back from a ton of places?
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »
I applied in January, and I am still waiting on Rutgers-Camden, Rutgers-Newark, University of San Diego, University of Florida, Florida State, University of Arizona, and Arizona State. Should I just assume all these places have rejected me if they are taking so long to get back to me?

Re: Who here still hasn't heard back from a ton of places?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:22:14 PM »
umass, i don't know if you should read too much into the delay....easy for me to say.

for me, i am still waiting for 8 decisions and seat deposits are coming due soon.  i would love to know how these other decisions are going to shake out, so i can make a final decision.

beeker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »
I'm still waiting on four schools, which, to me, qualifies as "a ton."  I have pretty much accepted that I probably have dings coming my way....someday.

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:25:27 PM »
Umass- I definitely have to give you the "Most Threads Started on LSD Daily" award.

Lots of people are still waiting, and I think the next 2 weeks will bring a flurry of decisions.

If you are particularly interested in aschool, you might want to call them and ask how soon it will be before you hear, letting them know that you have deadlines looming elsewhere.

On the other side, you might want to call said schools with looming deadlines and ask if you could possibly get an extension.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 01:30:02 PM »
I am waiting to hear back from UPenn, Vandy, UCIC, UCLA, University of Pacific & SLU. The first four are reaches, the last two are autoadmits. Oh yeah and I applied early January. Its really driving me crazy because I am, by nature, a planner. And I need to start planning!

beeker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »
Personally, I would be happy just to hear from all four, even if they are all rejections, right now.  It makes it so hard for me to focus on choosing from among the places I have been accepted to, while part of my brain has to say, well, these other places might still be on the table.

Not that I am complaining about my choices.  I just need help focusing on choosing one of my choices.  Stanford, Harvard, Chicago, Penn: tell me anything, but just tell me soon!

Last King of Edinburgh

• Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »
Cornell, Northwestern, Vanderbilt. Hurry up, I got plans. I still havent given up on the Georgetown waitlist. I wouldnt say mine qualifies as a "ton" though.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 02:27:13 PM »
Still waiting for Case, Baylor, W&M, Oregon, Colorado, UCLA, and Florida says the letter's in the mail.

ugh.  I just want this to be over so I can go ahead and make my decision already. 

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »
I'm still waiting on 10 decisions, though my GULC decision was mailed already

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »
4 of 14 and a waitlist remaining.

Considering all my apps were sent anywhere from Jan 3 - Jan 30, I guess I can't complain with only 4 to go.

It's just too bad that 2 of the remaining can play a large role in where I decide to go.

I too would prefer to just get a ding, and know my fate than sit here holding out hope for an acceptance.