Law School Discussion

Am I rejected? (BU)

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Am I rejected? (BU)
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:58:59 AM »
Want to help me (over)analyze an email from BU?

Yesterday, I emailed them and asked about the status of my application. I told them that I needed to make decisions soon, and that I'd like to know if I should be considering BU.

What follows is the response:

Hi Brian,

Thank you for applying to BU Law. Your file has been evaluated by the
committee. You should receive a decision shortly. Have a nice day!

Claire Diamond

Sr. Admissions Assistant
Boston University School of Law
765 Commonwearth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215

Of course, I sent the same email to W&L, and their reply was to not reply at all. Awesome.

latenitesession

• My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
Re: Am I rejected? (BU)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:01:22 AM »
I don't think that's bad. If I recall correctly, they've been admitting by phone (?). They may just be gearing up to call you. Whenever people use exclamation points in their correspondence with me, I tend to think things are positive.

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:02:28 AM »
I wouldn't read anything into it. What I WOULD do -- if you're neurotic and can't wait -- is write them back and ask if they could give you the decision via e-mail. Give them a good reason to do so if you have one (or create one)...

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »
i would say the email means very little.  Admissions people are always unnecessarily vague.  although words from me dont mean much, hopefully it helps ease your mind!

Ravynous Elegance

• aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »
Ummm... I'll let you know when I get my letter...

I called on Monday, and they said a decision had been made and that I should be hearing within the week. I'm having someone check my school mail today, so hopefully it has arrived (Boston to CT shouldn't take too long I hope...)

Yeah, I'm a little scared since it too so long. I finally know I will def not end up at BU but it would still be nice to be accepted... especially since EVERYONE around my index and lower has been accepted. If I get rejected, I'll be the highest index on LSN that does... by a lot.

sk

• Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 10:28:19 AM »
Don't sweat it man! My acceptance came in the mail - without a phone call.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
My index number has "waitlist" written all over it though. I guess that is as positive a vibe as I am getting.

Maybe I'll get to wait a few more months.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »
I don't think that's bad. If I recall correctly, they've been admitting by phone (?). They may just be gearing up to call you. Whenever people use exclamation points in their correspondence with me, I tend to think things are positive.

I agree with this - what sort of meanie admissions official would be all "have a nice day!" knowing that your day was about to be ruined by a rejection?

I'm crossing my fingers for you, Captain - us 165ers gotta stick together and I need to believe that BU has love for us or I may go insane.  :D

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »
My letter hasnt come yet, but received an email about ASW last week, which is on this Friday. The email says I should let RSVP asap and that's why they email me even before the official letter.
Here is what I think objectively. If you didnt recevie that email, you are probably not accpeted at this point.
Good luck.