Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MIAMI WAITLIST  (Read 1576 times)

kewldave17

• View Profile
MIAMI WAITLIST
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:08:34 PM »
Has anyone who has been waistlisted (not put on "hold") heard anything about our chances of getting accepted?

rnumiami

• View Profile
Re: MIAMI WAITLIST
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 03:15:25 AM »
If you are waitlisted I wouldnt worry too much yet because deposits are due April 16th ish and I know myself and about 7 others who will not be attending.  I think they will have quite a few openings coming in the next few weeks if that helps.  I wouldve withdrawn earlier but I was hoping to get some $$$.
Emory '10

Ali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:03:31 AM »
I am on the "hold" list.

Were you there, and then waitlisted?

Do you know when they review the hold list?
(Yea, I know it says April 30?

Thanks

bsl241

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »
I was put on the hold list in January and a couple of weeks later I got my acceptance. It was really weird, it was as if they wanted to accept me at first but just didn't...

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 07:19:05 PM »
they waitlisted me right after they deferred me (literally just a few days later)--- i wonder if its bc i didn't write a continued interest letter... anyhow, I had already sent out the withdraw email by the time the waitlisted letter came in, so I beat em to the punch.

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »
Anyone know how someone with a 162/3.3 gets waitlisted at UMiami?  I gotta tell ya, it's quite perplexing...

because they expect you to go to a better school.  they're probably protecting their stats.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »
Anyone know how someone with a 162/3.3 gets waitlisted at UMiami?  I gotta tell ya, it's quite perplexing...

When did you apply?  Last cycle timing had EVERYTHING to do with it - they had an early bird gets the worm mentality.  I have no idea if that has happened this cycle though.
2L

Ali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 08:34:58 AM »
Any waitlist news?

It seems that some deferred people on lsn are now waitlisted.

Did anyone who went to ASW or spoke to admissions get any info?

I have sent loci, and am still deferred. I'm thinking it's not looking good.

hillstaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 11:44:32 AM »
I can't get over how helpful this site is.  Last year I applied to Miami (and a few other schools) and went the whole summer on the waitlist.  I started out like some of you, in the "hold" category until May when they moved me over to the waitlist.  I deferred at the school I ended up accepting and am trying again this year.  I think they were impressed that I reapplied, since they put me as an "alternate" this time immediately.  Is that the classification you guys are getting:  alternate?  ...or are they saying waitlist?  I talked with admissions and they said that alternate was much higher than hold, but who knows what categories are above alternate?

Anyone have insight?  Good luck to all!

Ali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »
Alternate or waitlist?

Are there 2 different categories, or are people just using different words for the same thing?

Any word on when or IF it will move?????

Would love to be admitted! ???