Law School Discussion

South Carolina ASD....

South Carolina ASD....
« on: March 20, 2007, 04:00:15 PM »
anyone going?  anyone considering actually attending?  I'm actually leaning more towards Miami, but have friends in Columbia....I'm honestly just using this as an excuse to party in five points.

barenakedtjm

Re: South Carolina ASD....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:02:09 PM »
Not going, but I am considering it if I get a full ride.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:13:41 PM »
I hear you...I only got about $8K, but SC's not that expensive for in- state.  Are you considering Um at all?  Looks like you got a pretty hefty scholarship.

barenakedtjm

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 04:17:27 PM »
I hear you...I only got about $8K, but SC's not that expensive for in- state.  Are you considering Um at all?  Looks like you got a pretty hefty scholarship.

No, I'm not a fan of big cities or big city traffic, so no Miami for me.  Hopefully that scholarship will get me what I'm looking for at SCar.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 05:04:40 PM »
well good luck...you dont hear much about U So. Carolina on this board, but if you go there you can definitely make a good life for yourself in Charleston, Greenville, and/ Hilton Head.  All very cool cities.

VTMercutio

• "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
Why don't we hear much about South Carolina.  I haven't gotten anything from South Carolina yet, but I'm hoping to get in, I also got into Miami, but honestly...it's Miami...not my cup of tea.

Anyone have any information on South Carolina, such as first hand experience?

barenakedtjm

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »
I just got back.  Columbia is not the best city, but it's not as bad as most other Clemson guys would lead you to believe.  The faculty was a mixed bag--at least one guy is a little flaky but still helpful and seems generally friendly.  The facilities are unimpressive, to say the least.

VTMercutio

• "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »
Really?

I would have guessed if a state had only one law school they would have some pretty impressive facilities.  If I got in its between this and Mercer...I wonder if Mercer has more impressive facilities.

Mercer is rated higher, but honestly...the difference between 87 and 97 can't be that big of a deal.

Thanks for the info on South Carolina!

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
I'm from Columbia, and I can answer questions about the University, generally. I'm still waiting on their decision, so I don't know much about the law school. I'm actually starting to get nervous...

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 02:49:44 PM »
Really?

I would have guessed if a state had only one law school they would have some pretty impressive facilities.  If I got in its between this and Mercer...I wonder if Mercer has more impressive facilities.

Yeah, the law school building is typical of late 60s/70s architecture -- not very impressive. Inside isn't much better, either. With that being said, the rest of campus is beautiful, especially the horseshoe.