Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone else not too keen on the idea of ASWs?  (Read 471 times)

carthageinruins

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
anyone else not too keen on the idea of ASWs?
« on: March 20, 2007, 05:58:58 PM »
I dunno what it is, but the whole process just sounds so forced and awkward....I have always hated those kinds of orientation-type events....and as a result I don't think I will be partaking in any of the ASW events for the schools I have been admitted to. I feel like ASWs and things like the "fit" of the school matter more to girls than guys, but perhaps that's incorrect. Wherever I end up I know I will be just fine....because I adapt well to all types of situations, and all of the schools I have gotten into have great reps.

yourlocalsuperhero

• View Profile
Re: anyone else not too keen on the idea of ASWs?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 06:03:39 PM »
Yeah, the asw concept makes me ill.  Seriously.  I don't know about gender differences ...

The only reason I'm attending one this weekend is due to the all the suggestions on here that meeting and establishing yourself is important in order to get more money (read: debt is more sickening than wasting time).

Why is everyone so quiet?  Is this the democracy you wanted? (Subcomandante Marcos)

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:05:04 PM »
Why would you want to pass up on free booze and food?  ;)

Actually, I am only going to the ones that are offered by the school I am serious contemplating.  I hate the awkward settings but it was OK.

carthageinruins

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:06:47 PM »
Why would you want to pass up on free booze and food?  ;)

Actually, I am only going to the ones that are offered by the school I am serious contemplating.  I hate the awkward settings but it was OK.

I was going to go, but remembered the beginning of college, and how awkward it is when everyone is running around making "friends" with everyone, followed by the process of gradually winnowing down your acquaintances to those few people you might actually want to chill with on a consistent basis...the mere thought of it is extremely painful.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:13:24 PM »
yeah I'm staying far away from ASWs ... I like to visit on a normal day and get straight up opinions from students who aren't briefed on what to say.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

ciao-a-bunga

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »

Actually, I am only going to the ones that are offered by the school I am serious contemplating.  I hate the awkward settings but it was OK.

I was going to go, but remembered the beginning of college, and how awkward it is when everyone is running around making "friends" with everyone, followed by the process of gradually winnowing down your acquaintances to those few people you might actually want to chill with on a consistent basis...the mere thought of it is extremely painful.

Yeah but I doubt as this point people are going to be trying to single out friends... who knows who will end up attending?  You're going to have to face that eventually with the start of law school.

carthageinruins

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »

Yeah but I doubt as this point people are going to be trying to single out friends... who knows who will end up attending?  You're going to have to face that eventually with the start of law school.

I know....and I am dreading it.