Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are my chances?  (Read 1188 times)

thechoson

What are my chances?
« on: March 05, 2004, 04:02:55 PM »
Hello all, just wondering if you guys had any opinions on the following schools, along with the chance I have to get into some of them:
ASU, UNLV, Santa Clara, Pacific, Southwestern, Cal Western, Thomas Jefferson, Whittier, Chapman

My numbers are 3.2/ 165

I attended UCLA, majored in Political Science, and am Asian (doesn't help, i bet!)

Thanks!!!

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What are my chances?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 09:11:10 PM »
You will get into all of those schools with money at most if not all of them.  You need to add some first tier schools to your list.  Your numbers are pretty good.

thechoson

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »
Wow, thanks!  My gpa is kinda low though, so I was worried about UNLV and ASU, where I want to go.  I don't think I could even sniff a 1st tier with those numbers though.

Nicky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 09:55:36 PM »
I have a 162 and a 3.25, accepted at ASU.  Ive applied to a couple first tier schools am still waiting.  With a 165 I think you have a good shot at some first tier schools, look at the lsac websiite gpa/lsat indicator.  Cheers.

thechoson

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 09:22:34 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding!  Yea, I did think about those other schools, by the time I got my LSAT back though, the deadline had passed!
Loyola also would be an option.  I have applied to University of San Diego, although this late it might be out of my league.
I am not sure about UNLV and ASU, they seem to have very low acceptance rates!  Does anyone know why this is, and if these 2 are good schools?
Thanks!