Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Miami vs Stetson... but more than that  (Read 1836 times)

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
Re: Miami vs Stetson... but more than that
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2007, 10:52:58 PM »
my sister just moved from palm harbor, she hated it, but she lived on 19 so...that's a tough area to live in.  i'm in the PT program and we have people who live across the street from school, Brandon, Carrollwood, Sarasota and even some crazy dude who drives in from Naples.  if i were a FT student i'd stick with st pete and pinellas in general...i cruise down 275 at 5pm on my way to class (I get on around gandy, after the bridge).  there are some decent apartment complexes in gateway area if someone wants to live about 20 minutes from school. 
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 11:10:07 PM »
my sister just moved from palm harbor, she hated it, but she lived on 19 so...that's a tough area to live in.  i'm in the PT program and we have people who live across the street from school, Brandon, Carrollwood, Sarasota and even some crazy dude who drives in from Naples.  if i were a FT student i'd stick with st pete and pinellas in general...i cruise down 275 at 5pm on my way to class (I get on around gandy, after the bridge).  there are some decent apartment complexes in gateway area if someone wants to live about 20 minutes from school. 

there's usually very little cruising going on on 275 around 5 pm. that's when i leave my externship and it takes me 1.5-2.0 hours to get home. :( :'(
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »
that's awful...i get on 275 south at gandy between 4:30 and 5:15 and i rarely go less than 70mph...guess it is the heading south part? i cant imagine what it is like north of the bridge
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2007, 06:47:53 AM »
that's awful...i get on 275 south at gandy between 4:30 and 5:15 and i rarely go less than 70mph...guess it is the heading south part? i cant imagine what it is like north of the bridge

:) Pinellas interstate traffic seems to be like that all the time. Once you leave Tampa, it's all free and clear on the roads and I have no clue what to do with myself. I would second your Gateway suggestion though. It's convenient to the interstate and a much nicer drive than anything on US 19.

dante500

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lookin' forward to livin' the life
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2007, 09:56:48 PM »
What about Gulfport itself?  I have heard it isn't a desirable area to live.  Is this true?
I once told a woman that I coined the phrase "pardon my French."

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2007, 10:04:56 PM »
haven't thoroughly reviewed the op's stuff - he said that wanted to practice in tampa?) My relatives in tampa spoke highly of stetson and said they knew undergrads who didn't really dig U of Miami (expensive, dirty, you know the stereotypes)... They generally think the gulf side is nicer than the pacific Atlantic  ;) coast for location...

As far as school quality, rankings are one thing, but sometimes the LSAT scores can tell you something more... this could be the case as I thought Miami's middle 50 was quite low for its rank --- something like 156-160?

Dammit the #5 school in Chicago is better than that.

dante500

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2007, 10:35:18 PM »
As far as school quality, rankings are one thing, but sometimes the LSAT scores can tell you something more... this could be the case as I thought Miami's middle 50 was quite low for its rank --- something like 156-160?

This is an excellent point.

I would like to study in the city I move to for school, and Tampa edges out Miami for me.  I would be happy either place, but my wife and I are in love with the Tampa Bay Area and would prefer to go there.  I'm pretty much sold on the fact that I should go to Stetson, but I have not heard from them re: scholarship yet, and I am guaranteed 80% @ Miami.  This is the monkeywrench.  I have been assured I will be considered at next scholarship committee sitting, but as foreigners, my wife needs to get her transfer underway to get a visa and get transfered and start working in time to move, and we nned to make a choice on city ASAP.  I wish I knew right now about money @ Stetson.  I seem to think that if I got what I did from UM, I should get the same or better from Stetson, but its not guaranteed.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »

I would like to study in the city I move to for school, and Tampa edges out Miami for me.  I would be happy either place, but my wife and I are in love with the Tampa Bay Area and would prefer to go there.  I'm pretty much sold on the fact that I should go to Stetson, but I have not heard from them re: scholarship yet, and I am guaranteed 80% @ Miami.  This is the monkeywrench.  I have been assured I will be considered at next scholarship committee sitting, but as foreigners, my wife needs to get her transfer underway to get a visa and get transfered and start working in time to move, and we nned to make a choice on city ASAP.  I wish I knew right now about money @ Stetson.  I seem to think that if I got what I did from UM, I should get the same or better from Stetson, but its not guaranteed.

Don't stress out about money. I got offered a full scholarship there last year and didn't find out until late March. I imagine you should hear something by the time April rolls around.

dante500

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2007, 10:43:26 PM »

Don't stress out about money. I got offered a full scholarship there last year and didn't find out until late March. I imagine you should hear something by the time April rolls around.

Mind sharing numbers by chance?  ;D