Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Miami vs Stetson... but more than that  (Read 1751 times)

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Miami vs Stetson... but more than that
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 05:02:16 PM »
Yes oh great one, we know you're far too cool for us in the US, Brandon, etc. I assume you'll be making enough in London to live in some fabulously expensive area that has no crime whatsoever and makes Brandon seem like a warzone.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 05:06:02 PM »
Yes oh great one, we know you're far too cool for us in the US, Brandon, etc. I assume you'll be making enough in London to live in some fabulously expensive area that has no crime whatsoever and makes Brandon seem like a warzone.

Actually, yes, I will.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

rnumiami

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »
If you want Tampa then I would choose Stetson.  It is a good local school and its ranked #1 IN US NEWS for litigation. 
Emory '10

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »

Actually, yes, I will.

Such places exist?  I'm just an outsider observer, but from what I know about London, you'd have to be living in Buckingham to avoid crime in London.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 05:51:02 PM »

Actually, yes, I will.

Such places exist?  I'm just an outsider observer, but from what I know about London, you'd have to be living in Buckingham to avoid crime in London.

Chelsea and Kensington are close enough.

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »
well, i do tend to go to pubs in tampa after class but they are only 15 minutes away from me in Brandon.   Mojitos is an awesome restaurant in the Winthrop center and they have a cute farmer's market every saturday as well as other festival type events.  i guess having "stuff to do" means what? drink, bars clubs? in that case i am all set. anyway, brandon is definitely not dangerous it is a nice alternative to living near Tampa.  i'd much rather live out here than north of Tampa.  if anyone has any questions @ stetson feel free to PM. 
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2007, 07:18:02 PM »
I didn't read all of this but I diagree with the girl who says the Tampa area isn't affordable. There are tons of nice places you can live that are decently priced. I would look at Palm Harbor. That's where I live now and it is a suburb, super nice, and super safe. As for saying Brandon is a bad area, that is complete crap- and they have  a great mall but it would be kind of far to travel everyday if you were going to Stetson
UMiami c/o 2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2007, 07:31:13 PM »
I didn't read all of this but I diagree with the girl who says the Tampa area isn't affordable. There are tons of nice places you can live that are decently priced. I would look at Palm Harbor. That's where I live now and it is a suburb, super nice, and super safe. As for saying Brandon is a bad area, that is complete crap- and they have  a great mall but it would be kind of far to travel everyday if you were going to Stetson

Palm Harbor has some nice places. It would help anyone attending Stetson to stay on the same side of the Bay. All the causeways are a mess in the afternoons.

Ick, Brandon Mall. I like Citrus or International better.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2007, 09:39:20 PM »

Palm Harbor has some nice places. It would help anyone attending Stetson to stay on the same side of the Bay. All the causeways are a mess in the afternoons.

The Hillsborough to Pinellas drive is not bad at all because it's the opposite flow of traffic if you're in an area semi-close to the interstate. There are still lots of cheap places to live in nice parts of South Tampa that I think would be a lot more convenient to Stetson than Palm Harbor would. The Pinellas stretch of 275 is usually pretty empty, while I think US 19 gets pretty backed up. When I worked in downtown St. Pete, the people in north Pinellas tended to drive just as much if not more than people who lived in some parts of Hillsborough.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 10:47:06 PM »

The Hillsborough to Pinellas drive is not bad at all because it's the opposite flow of traffic if you're in an area semi-close to the interstate. There are still lots of cheap places to live in nice parts of South Tampa that I think would be a lot more convenient to Stetson than Palm Harbor would. The Pinellas stretch of 275 is usually pretty empty, while I think US 19 gets pretty backed up. When I worked in downtown St. Pete, the people in north Pinellas tended to drive just as much if not more than people who lived in some parts of Hillsborough.

please name any part of south tampa that is still affordable. then define "affordable."