Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: chicago affiliations  (Read 594 times)

lexylit

chicago affiliations
« on: September 13, 2004, 06:46:06 PM »
the app says "please indicate any connection or affiliation you have with the univ. of chic. law school. if the cnxn is through an alum, please indicate the alum's name, year, and your relationship."

they could have said family, but they didnt. does this mean i put my friend/s down?

please answer me so i can seal the envelope  :-\ i put a name and then in parentheses "friend/colleague" (and yes, draino, he was at the top of his class etc.)

but you guys might call me cheesy again  :-[

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: chicago affiliations
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 07:17:24 PM »
do you think this makes a difference???

I might just call up some people at yale and make some small talk.  reference them on my app.  hahah ... wonder if that will fly??

dr_draino

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 07:42:27 PM »
I'm gonna say no...the guy doesn't really know you that well and he sounds a bit black&decker anyway...not sure that you'd get much out of it.  Do you reference a connection in one of your optional essays?

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:45:40 PM »
I'm gonna say no...the guy doesn't really know you that well and he sounds a bit black&decker anyway...not sure that you'd get much out of it.  Do you reference a connection in one of your optional essays?

oh, it's a different guy! not *that* chicago friend  :P

dr_draino

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 07:49:02 PM »
So what was the reference to me for in the initial post then?  Am I always asking for more information?

If he's a good friend, I say go for it.

lexylit

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 07:49:59 PM »
no, i thought you were the one who said about lisa "was she a superstar or just blah"

so i was answering preemptively this time

but NO MORE COMMENTS b/c i just put the app in the mail please!

dr_draino

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 07:54:39 PM »
I will continue to comment because it seems that my job today is to keep threads along well past their shelf-life:

Since Chicago kids have the reputation of being stuffy, this might be a trick questions:  "Is the applicant actually WILLING to mention affiliation with our stodgy alumnae???".  I dunno, maybe I wouldn't include it.

no, i thought you were the one who said about lisa "was she a superstar or just blah"

so i was answering preemptively this time

but NO MORE COMMENTS b/c i just put the app in the mail please!

lexylit

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 07:56:13 PM »
i already told you our summers from chicago were hot and very hot.

dr_draino

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2004, 07:58:06 PM »
Well if it's a hot friend, maybe you should include it on the app...so you don't need to go raid the post office tonight after all.  That's good.  btw, did you refer to them with those names?  "Hey Hot, over here...no not you Very, just Hot this time".

i already told you our summers from chicago were hot and very hot.

lexylit

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004, 08:10:15 PM »
nope, it wasn't about those chicago friends either. not the two hot ones, not the belligerent one, but the quiet one  :P

H & VH turned out to both be married, so i was not allowed to inform them of their hotness  >:( i was very well-behaved all summer. ::)