Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WL at Colorado  (Read 2335 times)

LawJedi

• Sr. Citizen
  • I've got a bad feeling about this
    • View Profile
WL at Colorado
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »
Just got the Colorado Waitlist. Anyone else on it?

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WL at Colorado
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »
Yeah, sure am. Are you going to withdraw or wait it out? I called and they said they probably won't even START to review the waitlist until June

i heart wind power

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 12:44:21 AM »
They say June, but I'm not sure they even know for sure. It's such an excruciatingly unpredictable process.
Ridin' the Green Wave to 2010...

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »
Yeah, you are right about that. An unpredictable process!!

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:29 AM »
Anyone else put on the waitlist at CU?? Any news about the waitlist????

parischic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
I just got my WL letter.  I'm staying on it, for a little while at least.  I loved the city of Boulder when I visited and I really love how close it is to the slopes!  I'm still weighing if I would go there over a big city with more opportunities to network while in school, and trying to decide if I'd be happy staying in CO if I couldn't get a job outside of it.

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 01:35:58 PM »
Well good luck getting off. CU is my top choice and I'm ready to do anything to get off the list. I thought I was a auto rejection so I was pretty thrilled to get the waitlisted spot. Seems like they are putting a lot of people on the waitlist. I wonder how many they typically accept from it each year??

i heart wind power

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 02:57:24 PM »
Seems like they are putting a lot of people on the waitlist. I wonder how many they typically accept from it each year??

Umm..I'm sure that, as with most (all?) waitlists, it varies quite significantly year to year. CU has one of the smallest incoming classes, however, so I would imagine that they usually pull very few. Fortunately, the letter indicates that they DO anticipate going to the waitlist, so maybe a couple of us will get lucky.

::crosses fingers::

SMO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
I was wondering something...what if you just waited it out all summer long? I know that most people may not be able to do that, b/c of offers from other schools, but I may be in the position to wait. What are the chances of getting accepted if all summer long I continue to contact and show interest? Can they reject me from the WL?

i heart wind power

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:58:01 PM »
I was wondering something...what if you just waited it out all summer long? I know that most people may not be able to do that, b/c of offers from other schools, but I may be in the position to wait. What are the chances of getting accepted if all summer long I continue to contact and show interest? Can they reject me from the WL?

Staying on longer does increase your chance, but it hardly gives any guarantees. If you click on the link below, you can see an example of somebody who stayed on the waitlist the entire summer, then got a letter from CU on Aug.19 informing her the class was full.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=COmom

Like I said earlier, Colorado has a really, really, ridiculously small class size (around 168, I believe), so I wouldn't count on many wait-listers getting in. The school will most likely pull applicants that boost its LSAT or GPA yield, so if you have a high LSAT and/or a 4.0ish GPA, I would say your chances are better (but still not worth betting on). They may also pull applicants based on race or geographic location, so being diverse also helps.

Or maybe they just pick applicants that have funny names, who really knows...