Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where to go?  (Read 4882 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go?
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 08:33:19 PM »
awww ... i aim to please ;)

lexylit

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 08:37:18 PM »
poor caecilius, we hijacked his thread.

do people actually look canadian or is that a big ol' joke? i mean aside from the flip-top heads?

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 08:37:59 PM »
I'm anti-osgoode.  I can't stand York. 

On your other schools ... who really cares.  I mean, Law in Canada is the same everywhere except for probably UofT, York and UBC.  Anyone that goes to Mcgill will make a case for it but really, in my opinion, it isn't in the top 3.

As for the rest of the schools, they're all the exact same.  So go where you want to study law and where you want to practice.  UWO is a nice school and london is a great city.  I don't like kingston too much so I'm not considering Queens.  As per UNB or Manitoba ... i really have no idea because I no nothing about the schools.  I went to Winnipeg and I didn't like it very much ... but that's me I guess.

Maybe look at UVic and UDal.  With your stats you should get accepted and both have good law schools and are in amazing areas.  I'm super in love with both of those schools (and UBC too).

Some notes:

I actually can't stand York.  My GF goes there, and seriously, it is a hole.  But this way I stay in TO which is a nice plus.  Their tuition kills, however!

I lived in Winnipeg for two years.  Let me be blunt: I didn't like it one bit.  But seriously, free schooling is tantalizing.  UNB is also hinting at basically free tuition  :-[ 

PS: Is it just me, or is Ontario really stingy with scholarships/bursaries?  All the in province schools have basically said ZIP about money.
No longer here.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2004, 08:39:25 PM »
poor caecilius, we hijacked his thread.

do people actually look canadian or is that a big ol' joke? i mean aside from the flip-top heads?

If by looking Canadian you mean looking like you're not born in North America then yes  :D .  Especially, say, in TO.  Hey don't beat me up, this isn't meant to be racist or anything.  I'm an immigrant too just like everyone else here.
No longer here.

lexylit

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 08:40:45 PM »
do i look like an immigrant?

cool!  8)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 08:41:52 PM »
do i look like an immigrant?

cool!  8)

By here, I meant everyone else in Toronto.  I'll make a very bad lawyer...
No longer here.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 08:45:33 PM »
no ... you can definately look Canadian (and i don't mean native american).

I don't know what it is ... some people have it, other's don't.  Oh yeah, and you need a flip-top head too.  And skates ;)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 08:48:29 PM »
cae:

It's not that Ontario schools are stingy with money...it's that they don't have any!  You would get a full ride at UMan because with a 3.99 you'd be the only applicant in history to apply there with that kind of GPA. 

UofT says over 50% of their students get aid and the average amount is 7500 ... which is about 40% of tuition?

Anyways, even if you don't want to work on Bay why wouldn't you look at UofT?  They are the top school for most areas of law ... not just corporate.

lexylit

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2004, 08:48:51 PM »
when you were little i bet you read skating shoes by noel streatfield

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2004, 08:49:08 PM »
Damn it people answer my question  ;D

Seriously, free tuition and good bursairies worth going away or not?  BTW, my parental support is zero, and I am the poster boy of poverty with $25 000 already in debt for mu undergrad.
No longer here.