Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reserve List at Cornell?  (Read 1266 times)

allardblah

• View Profile
    • LSN
Reserve List at Cornell?
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:19:14 PM »
Who knows about this waitlist; how many people, how many get through.

Nooteboom

• Waitin' for the mail(wo)man...
    • View Profile
Re: Reserve List at Cornell?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:55:39 PM »
Letter says "several hundred" are on the reserve list.  It's (obviously) unclear how many get through.

foolhardy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26:54 PM »
Letter says "several hundred" are on the reserve list.  It's (obviously) unclear how many get through.

So is this "reserve" list the same thing as a waitlist?

Does anyone have any figures about how many made it in off the reserve list last cycle?

lizette112162

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 05:33:56 PM »
It is likely that an official waitlist is created from the reserve list...

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 08:41:28 PM »
Reserved at Cornell

bastards!

kitcat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »
 >:(

yah i don't quite remember too clearly but didn't the letter say several hundred were on the reserve list and that our apps get reviewed again around may and that's when people are dropped and the official waitlist is created?

this is like the waitlist to get on the waitlist!

yongsoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bah weep Grah nah weep ninny bon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 03:28:44 PM »
after reviewing the site at Cornell, the way the letter is written, the "reserve list" letter I received sounds like what Cornell calls a hold. I realize that this is merely semantics, but if it helps any...

taken from their website:

"At Cornell Law, if we have given you a decision of hold, it means that we have reviewed your application, but we have not reached a final decision of admit or deny on your application. We will review your application at least one more time before reaching a final decision.

You may submit additional information to support your application as you are waiting for the final decision. Typically, applicants submit additional grades, new honors or promotions or an additional letter of recommendation.

At the beginning of the summer, we review all the applicants still on hold and create a summer waitlist.

If I am on hold, when will I receive a decision?

Applicants who are placed on Early Action Hold are reviewed after February 1 and typically receive a decision (admit, deny or hold) in February or March.

Applicants who are placed on Regular Decision Hold typically receive a decision (admit, deny, or summer waitlist) by late-May to mid June."

joeyd005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 07:33:32 PM »
just wanted to say strong guys, and keep sending relevant letters of interest and recommendations to the admissions office.  i got off the reserve list last june and am a 1L.  a buddy of mine got off the list 2 days before classes started.  keep the faith
Cornell son

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:28:56 PM »
just wanted to say strong guys, and keep sending relevant letters of interest and recommendations to the admissions office.  i got off the reserve list last june and am a 1L.  a buddy of mine got off the list 2 days before classes started.  keep the faith

Did they send you anything in May regarding your status (e.g, officially placing you on a wait list)?