Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Phone Answerers- It was the Best of Times and the Worst of Times...  (Read 3801 times)

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
For every one waitlister or deferree, there is always one ever-ready phone girl (or boy).  Possibly a former law student, or newly hired receptionist.  But whatever their role, there is no denying that some are helpful and some simply aren't.  What have you found during your law school application travails? 

Me?
  • I found UCLA Law's phone girl particularly annoying.  Not only was she extremely rude, arrogant and unhelpful- but she cracked and popped her gum after every syllable she uttered. 

• ND's phone staff was by far the friendliest and most informed of any law school I spoke with over the phone.  They even offered free shoulders to cry on (as I told them I'd been waitlisted).  Must be the Jesus in them :) 

Yale 2010

ShaneFloppier

• View Profile
Vanderbilt's phone answerers are awesome.  Helpful and friendly.

Northwestern - Not so much

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
Fordham and Maryland get the award for most annoying/rude people answering the phone.  I wrote about my Maryland stuff in another thread, but Fordham was today and Friday.  The people answering the phone seem to act like they have to finish a formula on cold fusion and that I'm keeping them from it.  I'm too lazy to go into the details of my conversations with them, but other people have echoed this sentiment so I'm guessing plenty of people out there know what I'm talking about.

Heh!  That's holarious.  Wow.. well I can kinda see about Fordham because that's the whole New York thing right?  But Maryland?  Wow.  Surprising.
Yale 2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
Vanderbilt's phone answerers are awesome.  Helpful and friendly.

Northwestern - Not so much

Gotta be that Southern hospitality.  Which, since I've never lived in the South- am not sure is just a myth or if it does really exist.  Wonder if any Southerner can shed some light.     
Yale 2010

leebean

• View Profile
Nova and Temple were both excellent, they seemed to actually care about what I was saying.
Rutgers Camden I've called and left messages both during business hours and after business hours, when they actually call me back i'll let you know what I think.

MisterManager

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Northwestern is sort of cold. Pitt was sort of indifferent. Case, IU, and Wake were very friendly.
I always keep it real and i call no man mister.

stgreenberg

• View Profile
Called UC-Davis a half a dozen times.....No one answers.

Cow-tipping?

-Sam

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've done my best to avoid calling any school that hasn't accepted me. The only ones I talked to were SLU and Iowa, and they sounded nice considering I was pestering them for my application status.

That said, EVERYONE sounds nice compared to the people I have to deal with at work...

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
Data, no matter what people try to tell you, Maryland is NOT the South.  Especially Baltimore, which is where Maryland is.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
I think anyone who applies to Richmond would vote them the best.

IU-B was also pretty great to work with thus far.  W&L is great with the email, but phone is lacking a bit. 

Boo!!! Villanova.

Yea, you're actually right.  I misread the posts.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?