Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The USC '10 Thread  (Read 18901 times)

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
Re: The USC '10 Thread
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2007, 07:37:36 PM »
I think a bunch of LSDers, including myself, are living in Terrace, which means we won't be out there until August (20th?). Since you are already out there, I nominate you to scope out good bars etc. I believe many of us will be developing a mighty high alcohol tolerance soon (if we are not already proud owners of one).

Speaking of the USC LSDers, where is everybody??? Isn't this the time when we are supposed to get excited because we are starting at USC / moving to LA in about 5 weeks?
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2007, 11:38:50 AM »
I think a bunch of LSDers, including myself, are living in Terrace, which means we won't be out there until August (20th?). Since you are already out there, I nominate you to scope out good bars etc. I believe many of us will be developing a mighty high alcohol tolerance soon (if we are not already proud owners of one).

Speaking of the USC LSDers, where is everybody??? Isn't this the time when we are supposed to get excited because we are starting at USC / moving to LA in about 5 weeks?

Unfortunately for me, my excitement is slightly decreased by the fact I have to move TWICE before I get to USC. First, I have to move out of my apartment in a week because my lease is running out. I'm moving back to Dallas (my parent's home) until I have to move once again out to LA on August 20th.

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2007, 01:37:37 PM »
Hi future USCers
Don't mean to hijack your thread, so I'll make this quick.
I'm applying for fall 2008 and I've been looking into USC partly becuase I really want to move back to LA and live there.
So I want to know, ultimately, is "why USC" for you personally, and what was your 2nd runner up? What was the biggest selling factor of USC?
If you could PM me, I'd appreciate it.
TIA
university of southern california 2011

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2007, 01:14:34 AM »
Home is less than a mile from USC for me, so I know the area pretty well already. The best Mexican food ever—is all nearby. La Barca is famous around USC with undergrads and grads for its Tuesday $2 margaritas and amazing but relatively cheap food. The original El Cholo, the guys who literally invented Mexican food as we know it, is also nearby.

Still looking for an apartment, grr.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2007, 10:58:35 AM »
Home is less than a mile from USC for me, so I know the area pretty well already. The best Mexican food ever—is all nearby. La Barca is famous around USC with undergrads and grads for its Tuesday $2 margaritas and amazing but relatively cheap food. The original El Cholo, the guys who literally invented Mexican food as we know it, is also nearby.

I hope it measures up. I'm doubtful since I believe in the superiority of Tex-mex, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong. Either way, it has to be better than the stuff I have to settle for in DC.

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »

Is this 'La Barca' within walking distance of Terrace by any chance? (I know, I know, doubtful, but a girl without a car can hope)
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »

Is this 'La Barca' within walking distance of Terrace by any chance? (I know, I know, doubtful, but a girl without a car can hope)

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised — http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=1275+W.+29TH+ST&daddr=2414+S+Vermont+Ave+Los+Angeles&sll=34.032852,-118.290052&sspn=0.021125,0.0418&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1 ;)

The USC area is pretty decent without a car. Mostly, there's a bar or two on campus, the 901 club on Figueroa that all the undergrads/frat types and everyone that goes to USC goes to, and various restaurants like La Barca that serve alcohol. The Coliusem is close, although they were the last Pac 10 to serve beer at the games until they finally stopped too.

There's also the 29th street cafe at 2829 S. Hoover.

There's all kinds of Mexican food in the area, from restaurants to little taco joints and the commercialized Del Taco. I could really go for some Tacos Del Carbon or Carne Asada soft tacos now...

gianduiotti

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2007, 10:19:02 PM »
Hi everyone!
I'll be living in Terrace as many of you do.  Has anyone received any information on his/her apartment mate at Terrace?  Or are we not gonna get it until we move in? ???
Attending: USC!

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2007, 11:31:02 PM »
I'm living right across the street from Terrace, so I will see you all soon.

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »
Hi everyone!
I'll be living in Terrace as many of you do.  Has anyone received any information on his/her apartment mate at Terrace?  Or are we not gonna get it until we move in? ???

I'm guessing that we won't find this out until we get there. I was hoping we would find out before, since we are responsible for small appliances in the kitchen and I'd rather not ship my microwave, blender, etc down from Canada only to find that my roommate has brought the same thing. Only about 2 weeks left! See you all soon
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!