Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC Law Apartments to Law School Walking Tour (With Photos)  (Read 1523 times)

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
USC Law Apartments to Law School Walking Tour (With Photos)
« on: March 19, 2007, 04:11:14 AM »
I went home for the weekend and because it's less than a mile from USC, I decided to head over and check out the the area around the law apartments and the campus on the way to the law school. It was Sunday, so not too many people were around, and I apologize for the overcast in the pictures; even LA is gray in the winter sometimes. Here's the location of the apartments: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1275+W+29th+St,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90007&layer=&sll=34.027677,-118.289001&sspn=0.008083,0.017059&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=34.028398,-118.288389&spn=0.008082,0.017059

A map of USC can be found here: http://www.usc.edu/private/about/visit_usc/upc_color.pdf

I started at the law apartments and walked through campus to the law school, taking pictures. The apartments are located on 29th Street and Ellendale Place, and I walked down Orchard Ave immediately in front of them to campus. I entered at Jefferson and McClintock before wandering through campus to the law school.

Viewed from the side on Ellendale Place, the Terrace Apartments are the home of the residential law program.

Bikes and cars are parked in the front of the Terrace apartments, and residents can apply to park in the garage to the right.

USC students walk down Ellendale Place, adjacant to the Terrace apartments.

The USC campus is a short walk down Orchard Avenue from the front of the apartments.

Jefferson Boulevard abuts USC's campus, seen from the end of Orchard Ave. on this side of USC.

Pedestrians await the crosswalk at the McClintock and Jefferson entrance to campus.

The McClintock entrance to campus greets visitors with a sign.

The turn east on Child's Way led me past the University bookstore, towards Hahn Plaza and Tommy Trojan.

Tommy Trojan vows to fight on.

I turned right at the fountain towards the law school.

The kiosk on the left informs Trojans to fight on, among other things like the date and time.

Another fountain graces the approach to the USC Law School.

I was much more calm approaching these doors than the last time, when I took the LSAT.

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: USC Law Apartments to Law School Walking Tour (With Photos)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:27:29 AM »
Thanks a lot for this thread, especially useful since this is probably where I will be living next year. Thanks again!
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 06:41:31 AM »
Thanks.  Awfully nice of you.  Now I know why they don't have that many photos on the website.  :-\
Michigan 2L

ginkgo biloba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:37:17 AM »
Thanks.  Awfully nice of you.  Now I know why they don't have that many photos on the website.  :-\

hahha~  that was nice of you!  but i agree with tL! 

Nooteboom

• Waitin' for the mail(wo)man...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:18:03 PM »
Thanks, GH!! 

I've been frustrated with the lack of pics too...this is helpful.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:47:27 PM »
Thanks, GH!! 

I've been frustrated with the lack of pics too...this is helpful.

You guys are welcome!

I too thought it was odd there weren't very many pictures. USC's campus is very beautiful, and although I feel like the law school building itself is rather nondescript compared to some of the beauties on campus, inside it's quite modern and nice. The classrooms were a mixture of the standard, tiered rooms often used for larger classrooms in law schoool as well as smaller seminar rooms. All in all, I got the impression that the building was very cozy in a pleasant way. The underground student lounge area was nice, too.

Pugnacious

• Sr. Citizen
  • C'est law vie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 11:39:06 PM »
Thanks Groundhog!! Very helpful, indeed.
My cycle is officially over. Boalt Law 2010!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=pugattack