« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2004, 11:36:09 PM »
 :'( no love

inthesun

Re: Columbia Fee Waiver?
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2004, 11:38:32 PM »
:'( no love

A) It's on it's way

-or-

B) They expect someone of your caliber to apply anyway. 

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2004, 11:44:31 PM »
Very true,

remmeber these fee waivers are supposed to get those to apply who otherwise would never try, They send it to people with lower numbers to increase their app pool along with getting people that are amazing to actually apply and either help their retention by wl'ing them or maybe to pull in a few.

lexylit

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2004, 11:46:15 PM »
huh! really columbia is out of my league, though. maybe itll come tomorrow-- if not i write the check and mail the app  :-\

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2004, 11:52:50 PM »
huh! really columbia is out of my league, though. maybe itll come tomorrow-- if not i write the check and mail the app  :-\

Columbia is not out of your league.  And the waiver specifically says that if you've already paid the app fee, you should contact them so they can send you a refund check.  Boo yah!  Send away, if it's ready.

lexylit

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2004, 11:54:36 PM »
Columbia is not out of your league.  And the waiver specifically says that if you've already paid the app fee, you should contact them so they can send you a refund check.  Boo yah!  Send away, if it's ready.

reeeeally! thats awesome of them. i actually cant send it til i verify my parents' years of graduation from various schools  :P but tomorrow! hooray

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2004, 11:55:46 PM »

reeeeally! thats awesome of them. i actually cant send it til i verify my parents' years of graduation from various schools  :P but tomorrow! hooray

Hopefully your waiver comes tomorrow and saves you the trouble of the refund check altogether :)

Ginatio

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2004, 11:55:55 PM »

i applied back in mid-January. received the waiver a day after i had sent the app. requested a refund. and finally received it in mid-August... it takes awhile, but yeah... go for it if you don't care

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2004, 11:58:51 PM »

i applied back in mid-January. received the waiver a day after i had sent the app. requested a refund. and finally received it in mid-August... it takes awhile, but yeah... go for it if you don't care

When did you take the LSAT?  Odd to be sending waivers in mid-January.  *That* seems desperate.

I think it's funny that people (or maybe just Absy) were criticizing the Columbia letter.  I didn't even read it.  I open my LS mail now and just scan the letter looking for something that says the application fee is waived.  Then, I throw the whole packet away, unless it's a top 18 school.

Ginatio

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2004, 12:00:05 AM »

When did you take the LSAT?  Odd to be sending waivers in mid-January.  *That* seems desperate.

I think it's funny that people (or maybe just Absy) were criticizing the Columbia letter.  I didn't even read it.  I open my LS mail now and just scan the letter looking for something that says the application fee is waived.  Then, I throw the whole packet away, unless it's a top 18 school.

took the LSAT in December... wondering now if I would've gotten more waivers from better schools if I had taken it earlier...  :-\