Law School Discussion

Columbia Fee Waiver?

Ginatio

Re: Columbia Fee Waiver?
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2004, 10:22:43 PM »
ok kids. i fly out of long beach at 8 am tomorrow and i got not love as yet. i have my columbia app all done. choices are
a)wait until i get back, see if i have a waiver waiting, send the app in end of the month
b)write a check and mail it
c)dont write a check, mail it, and then when i get back if theres no waiver i can mail the check with an "oops!" letter
advice? i know youll all say a but i just love the thought of being all early with these  :-[

just send it in with the check. they'll refund you later if you send in the waiver separately and request for them to do so

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Columbia Fee Waiver?
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2004, 11:01:53 PM »
ok kids. i fly out of long beach at 8 am tomorrow and i got not love as yet. i have my columbia app all done. choices are
a)wait until i get back, see if i have a waiver waiting, send the app in end of the month
b)write a check and mail it
c)dont write a check, mail it, and then when i get back if theres no waiver i can mail the check with an "oops!" letter
advice? i know youll all say a but i just love the thought of being all early with these  :-[

Definitely not C.  It'll look like you didn't make sure you had everything when you sent it.  That would be goofy :)

I agree with Absy and Gig/Gin.  In fact, if your roommate checks the mail and says the waiver came, maybe you can call them right away and tell them you already mailed it.  Maybe they can just mail your check back to you instead of processing a refund.