Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Middle Class Blacks Do Not Need AA  (Read 13806 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Middle Class Blacks Do Not Need AA
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »
Stay out, girlie. 

:D

Okay.

Good idea.  [ain't nothing subtle about me]
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Pulchritudinous Male

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »
Michael Jordan (attending):
Hakeem Olajuwon (accepted): Duke, Mich, N/W, Penn, UVA, Columbia, Wash U($$$), Temple($$$), Georgetown, Cornell, NYU, Pitt
John Stockton (w/l):Harvard
Sam Bowie (rejected):
Sam Perkins (lost cause): UNC, W&L

Let's get to the real issue at hand. The original poster is a self-admitted African-American, and obviously an intelligent person judging by his acceptances and the way he "speaks". He obviously didn't need AA and since he's from "New Jeruz" and made it without AA then a middle class black DEFINITELY doesn't need it.

Let's give the OP a cookie, no matter fact some biscotti and tea, becuase he's from the 'Hood and didn't need AA.

It's so interesting when I see the African-Americans that are fortunate enough to attain a high level of education automatically assume that becuase they did it that there are no problems, obstacles, or barriers for the rest of their representative race.

Hey buddy I'm genuinely happy about your academic fortunes, but that does not automatically qualify you to make such statements. Just consider yourself fortunate and keep it moving.

Perhaps you feel a little insecure that once you start LS that people will think you benefitted from AA and not becuase of your merit, and this post is a result of the underlying insecurities. I don't know, I never was good at playing Dr. Phil. lol

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »
Did I miss all the fun?
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

1LCorvo

• 25,000,754 Ways to Break A Person's Neck S.Segal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »
"It's so interesting when I see the African-Americans that are fortunate enough to attain a high level of education automatically assume that becuase they did it that there are no problems, obstacles, or barriers for the rest of their representative race.

Hey buddy I'm genuinely happy about your academic fortunes, but that does not automatically qualify you to make such statements. Just consider yourself fortunate and keep it moving.

Perhaps you feel a little insecure that once you start LS that people will think you benefitted from AA and not becuase of your merit, and this post is a result of the underlying insecurities. I don't know, I never was good at playing Dr. Phil. lol"

I'm not sure how we deviated to this topic (which is incidentally about my character).In any case, I never assumed that there were no problems, obstacles, or barriers for the rest of African Americans. That's certainly not true. However, we must have an honest discussion on whether these "obstacles" are severe enough to deter blacks from becoming lawyers. More importantly, we must discuss whether these "obstacles" are detrimental to the point where AA is justified (like the 60s). That is why I propounded these questions.

It would be preposterous to assert that AA is wrong in all cases. However, we must access whether current AA programs are consistent with the actions of today's society. I suppose that they are not. Hence the title of the thread.
With the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, the Portland Trailblazers select: Greg Oden!

(the Trailblazers have been blessed from God)

1LCorvo

• 25,000,754 Ways to Break A Person's Neck S.Segal
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 08:04:45 PM »
::yawns::

hahaha there's nothing like a crappy ending
With the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, the Portland Trailblazers select: Greg Oden!

(the Trailblazers have been blessed from God)

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007, 11:12:18 PM »
1LCorvo is a flippant dolt!!

My reasoning ability increased greatly with each Philosophy class I took, but this brutha obviously experienced the converse.

WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMON SENSE?

I will not engage him in conversation like you all have so graciously done. The daft brutha AIN'T worth it!
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 11:29:48 PM »

My reasoning ability increased greatly with each Philosophy class I took, but this brutha obviously experienced the converse.

I will not engage him in conversation like you all have so graciously done. The daft brutha AIN'T worth it!

You're the first person to reply to this thread since March.

OperaAttorney

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freude, Königin der Weise!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 11:40:17 PM »
I know.

I just had to throw in my 1 cent.

And, for the record, I believe AA is a legitimate AND necessary institution.

Now I've gotta study so I can matriculate at NYU Law in '09 (Well, I hope I do  ;)).
"I don't believe in the word 'impossible,' because the One in whom I believe can do the impossible." - Me

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 02:24:16 AM »

1.  If you speak properly, you'll be more pursuasive.

2.  I don't blame you for not arguing with him -- he's clearly sharper than you.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 02:27:31 AM »
I know.

I just had to throw in my 1 cent.

And, for the record, I believe AA is a legitimate AND necessary institution.

Now I've gotta study so I can matriculate at NYU Law in '09 (Well, I hope I do  ;)).

3.  Do you think the fact you're applying soon may affect your perceptions of what's "legitimate and necessary?"