Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Police Academy Transcript and LSAC?  (Read 2597 times)

mdfed

• View Profile
Police Academy Transcript and LSAC?
« on: March 05, 2004, 10:57:27 AM »
Back when I was at the Academy, I recall some of the instructors informing us that our completed courses could be used toward college credit.  My question is:  Should and could I submit my academy transcript along with my college transcript to LSAC?   

karenw911

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Police Academy Transcript and LSAC?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 11:20:22 AM »
Absolutely.  Let LSAC decide how to include it with your candidate packet.  Chances are they'll include it as 'other' institution, but let them make that decision, especially if you did well at the academy.  But I'm sure they've run into this situation before and may have a special way of handling academy transcripts.

If they decide not to include it, you can make it a part of you application and send a copy yourself.  Again, especially if you did well.

Karen W.

mdfed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 11:37:16 AM »
Great!!  That's what I was hoping to hear.  Thanks for the advice :)

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 02:40:20 PM »
If you recieved good grades, I would inclde it.  What could it hurt? 

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 12:34:14 PM »
I sent all my transcripts to LSAC including the school where I took just one course, Intro to French.  Hell, I got an A.

:)

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 08:38:48 AM »
For anyone who cares, not only are you requested to submit all post secondary schoolwork, you are REQUIRED to submit all secondary school work.  Failure to do so could get you booted from law school if anyone finds out.

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 03:49:08 PM »
Does this include military courses?  I have taken about ten classes in the Navy Reserves with grades based on a 4.0 grading scale?

Thanks!
Christie

karenw911

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 04:30:37 PM »
For anyone who cares, not only are you requested to submit all post secondary schoolwork, you are REQUIRED to submit all secondary school work.  Failure to do so could get you booted from law school if anyone finds out.

Aonghus, I'm a little confused on your post. You're reminding everyone that they must list all high schools they went to? Am I reading that correctly?

Karen W.

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 05:40:31 PM »
No, post secondary means after high school.

If you went to any kind of 'college' where credit could be issued, you are required to report it to LSDAS.  An omission can mean.... bye bye.

Ya know, if ya took a class at upper butt crack community college one summer and forgot to drop the class.....

a lot of people out there would just leave it and not get the transcript sent, who is going to know?

They probably wont, but if they find out... cya.

I even reported a class that I enrolled in and never withdrew from in the 1st week.  Technically they had me on record as being a student....

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ _______
After you register for the LSDAS, you must have a separate transcript sent to LSAC from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended.

Transcripts you should have sent include:

undergraduate and graduate schools
law/medical/professional schools
schools attended for summer or evening courses
schools attended even though a degree was never received
schools from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit
schools that sponsored your exchange or cooperative program abroad
Transcripts must be sent from schools even if:

credit was transferred from a school and it appears on another school's transcript
the school is closed
(These transcripts are usually maintained by the Department of Higher Education or by another school in the state in which the school was located, so you will need to contact them.)
"withdraw," "incomplete," etc., are the only grades listed
you have just enrolled
(Request that the registrar's office send a transcript of courses "in progress" or a statement of current enrollment. The document must bear the official registrar's seal.)

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 05:49:22 PM »

Aonghus, karenw911 was asking about your statement that law school applicants "are REQUIRED to submit all secondary school work."  You failed to put 'post' before the word 'secondary.'  That is what she wanted you to explain.