Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston College App Question  (Read 626 times)

LRT

Boston College App Question
« on: September 13, 2004, 04:13:42 PM »
The BC app has a question that asks you to list the last two full time jobs you had. Part of the question asks: Reason for leaving. What should I put if I left cause I hated it? There's no way I could put that. I wanted something better than "To explore other professional opportunities" What's a "good" answer to put as reason for leaving when the real answer is you hated it? Thanks!

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
Re: Boston College App Question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 04:15:39 PM »
Tell them it was intellectually unstimulating, and you found yourself every day wanting to stick an icepick up into your ear to make it stop, but just quit instead.  I think they'll get the point.

Seriously though, just tell them it was unsuited to your temperament and you wanted more professionally that the job didn't offer.

ZAP

The BC app has a question that asks you to list the last two full time jobs you had. Part of the question asks: Reason for leaving. What should I put if I left cause I hated it? There's no way I could put that. I wanted something better than "To explore other professional opportunities" What's a "good" answer to put as reason for leaving when the real answer is you hated it? Thanks!

LRT

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 04:17:29 PM »
"Tell them it was intellectually unstimulating, and you found yourself every day wanting to stick an icepick up into your ear to make it stop, but just quit instead. "

ZAP, I couldn't have described it better myself. Haha.

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 04:19:15 PM »
right but they give you like 12 characters to do it, right? i think ALL of my apps have a space for this and i ended up putting "seasonal" for my summer jobs and "geography" for my kaplan gig. i don't know how you'd sum up quitting-on-purpose in one word, though  :-\ that's a female dog

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 04:19:57 PM »
Trust me, I relate.  My current job is alright compared to some of the others I've held in the past, and I can stomach it.  At that, though, too much of it is rote busywork that I could do without.

I guess any job has some of that, though.  I just wish people were more big-picture around here and not obsessed with insignificant things no one cares about.

On my better days, I love my job... on the worse days, let's just say the icepick thing applies.

ZAP

lexylit

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 05:32:25 PM »
i think you should just write "ennui"