Law School Discussion

xoxo

Re: From God's mouth to your monitor: Public schools that don't suck
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »
I prefer the term "government schools" rather than public schools. 

And really, they're not schools, but institutions of higher education...so go ahead and just call them what they are:

Government Institutions.

Yes.  Good point. 

Why is that a good point? It's arbitrary and irrelevant. And not remotely true. Bad point. Bad Hank.

:D

Just playing around!  Remember that us libertarians want all government schools shut down eventually.  They are, in fact, a communist plot. 

Libertarians on LSD...Damn, y'all are everywhere.  After a nuclear holocaust I'm convinced the only lifeforms to survive would be cockroaches and libertarians.  I'm not calling y'all a roach., just admiring y'alls ability to survive and multiply in hostile environment.  I still think its funny and ironic that my state school had a libertarian club.  That's like an pro-totalitarian voter.

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »

And really, they're not schools, but institutions of higher education...so go ahead and just call them what they are:

Government Institutions.

Yes.  Good point. 

Why is that a good point? It's arbitrary and irrelevant. And not remotely true. Bad point. Bad Hank.

Just playing around!  Remember that us libertarians want all government schools shut down eventually.  They are, in fact, a communist plot. 

Libertarians on LSD...Damn, y'all are everywhere.  After a nuclear holocaust I'm convinced the only lifeforms to survive would be cockroaches and libertarians.  I'm not calling y'all a roach., just admiring y'alls ability to survive and multiply in hostile environment.  I still think its funny and ironic that my state school had a libertarian club.  That's like an pro-totalitarian voter.

Pro-totalitarian?  No way man, libertarianism is anarchy.  The totalitarians are the chumps.

Edit: I overuse the term "man" when I'm drunk... oops.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 07:47:24 PM »

Government Institutions.

Yes.  Good point. 

Pro-totalitarian?  No way man, libertarianism is anarchy.  The totalitarians are the chumps.

Edit: I overuse the term "man" when I'm drunk... oops.

I can tell when somebody's drunk when instead of editing out the overusage, they instead add the stream on conciousness comment about how they should have edited out the overusage.  I had a few few drunk email nights when I would type something crass/vulgar/offensive to someone and then a few lines later apologize for typing that comment. 

Anyway, as far as the two go, I think its funny that both use the tools they wish to abolish to achieve that abolition. 

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »
Well that's kind of cynical, isn't it? 8)

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 08:09:54 PM »
Libertarians will always survive for the same reason that man will always want freedom. 

hth!

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 08:16:15 PM »
Libertarians will always survive for the same reason that man will always want freedom. 

hth!

Correct. Youthful male naivety coupled with youthful male illusions of omniscience.

Ignorance + Arrogance + Testosterone= Libertarianism

jsyk.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »

hth!

Correct. Youthful male naivety coupled with youthful male illusions of omniscience.

jsyk.

Yes--that all sounds correct. 

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:18:37 PM »

hth!

jsyk.

Wait, does that mean Ayn Rand was a man?

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »

hth!

jsyk.

Wait, does that mean Ayn Rand was a man?

Well, Objectivism =/= Libertarianism.

But the answer is yes.

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 08:20:46 PM »
Haha, fair enough.