Law School Discussion

fordham vs. brooklyn ($$)

Re: fordham vs. brooklyn ($$)
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2007, 08:15:10 PM »
FYI about Fordham's LRAP--I emailed the director of the public interest scholars at Fordham and he wrote back and said it's absolutely not true that Fordham's paring down their LRAP program.  They're actually working on expanding it.  (Tobias, perhaps you misunderstood something else he was talking about). 

tobias

• AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »
Yes, the are working on expanding it. Hope it works out. Good luck.

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2007, 05:47:43 PM »
Ok, just to make sure everyone's totaly clear (though it looks like this thread's dying off), Fordham's LRAP is NOT limited to ony four people a year.  It goes to whomever meets the qualifications. 

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2007, 07:34:17 AM »
This a very helpful discussion.  I was dinged at Fordham but got in at Seton Hall ($$), Rutgers-N($ plus Jersey residence), Brooklyn (no money as yet) and Cardozo (May program, no money as yet).  I live in Hoboken and will be staying there for the duration of law school so the commute to Brooklyn is a serious negative with PATH to subway transfer.  Right now, I'm leaning toward Dozo.  Besides the lack of financial support, the May start is a bit sudden and daunting, but the fact that Dozo seems to be on the move (rankings, facilities) is tipping the scale in their favor. My focus has been on public interest law, but once I start, I really want to see what I find interesting and what I'm good at.  I certainly won't rule out working for a small firm (just no interest in "big law" no matter the paycheck).     

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2007, 08:00:42 AM »
This a very helpful discussion.  I was dinged at Fordham but got in at Seton Hall ($$), Rutgers-N($ plus Jersey residence), Brooklyn (no money as yet) and Cardozo (May program, no money as yet).  I live in Hoboken and will be staying there for the duration of law school so the commute to Brooklyn is a serious negative with PATH to subway transfer.  Right now, I'm leaning toward Dozo.  Besides the lack of financial support, the May start is a bit sudden and daunting, but the fact that Dozo seems to be on the move (rankings, facilities) is tipping the scale in their favor. My focus has been on public interest law, but once I start, I really want to see what I find interesting and what I'm good at.  I certainly won't rule out working for a small firm (just no interest in "big law" no matter the paycheck).     

If you're not set on working in NYC post-grad, and you're thinking of public interest/small firm, I would think hard on the money. That's just me. Debt for me is very scary.

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2007, 09:02:16 AM »
I haven't really been on here much lately, so I never even noticed this discussion. However, I'm a 2L at Brooklyn. I took the cash here over no money at Fordham, BU, etc. I've been very happy with my situation. I've done extremely well, I have an excellent job lined up, and really like the people at BLS. If you have any general or specific questions about BLS or the decisionmaking process, shoot them my way.

east

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2007, 09:59:44 AM »
I haven't really been on here much lately, so I never even noticed this discussion. However, I'm a 2L at Brooklyn. I took the cash here over no money at Fordham, BU, etc. I've been very happy with my situation. I've done extremely well, I have an excellent job lined up, and really like the people at BLS. If you have any general or specific questions about BLS or the decisionmaking process, shoot them my way.

What kind of position? Biglaw? If Biglaw, approximately what Vault ranking is the firm? Midlaw? Public Interest? 

What was your class rank? 

Not trying to be nosey but these anecdotal stories are less useful without some context.

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2007, 09:14:48 PM »

What kind of position? Biglaw? If Biglaw, approximately what Vault ranking is the firm? Midlaw? Public Interest? 

What was your class rank? 

Not trying to be nosey but these anecdotal stories are less useful without some context.
Biglaw. I believe we've spoken on here before about this topic. I'm within the top few % and going to a V10.