Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at Howard  (Read 5523 times)

camillesthename

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waitlisted at Howard
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 10:40:51 AM »
I'm IN like Flynn!!!   ;D  Have any other waitlisters heard from HU as yet?   ???

Good luck, my friends.   :-*

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »
I'm IN like Flynn!!!   ;D  Have any other waitlisters heard from HU as yet?   ???

Good luck, my friends.   :-*

Nope - I was told I could continue to call and reaffirm my interest in the school :-\

Did you visit? Send a letter of interest? What are you stats (if you don't mind sharing)?

Congrats! Hopefully I'll see ya there!
Everday I'm HUSL'in

camillesthename

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 08:15:37 AM »
Unfortunately, I have a dismal score of 149.  Facking standardized tests.   ::)  And a 3.52 UGPA. 

I did not send a formal letter of interest, rather an informal email stating that HUSL was still of keen interest to me.  I emailed the dean again, 2 weeks ago and he responded then telling me they would be reviewing the waitlist in the near future.  So when I received my acceptance letter, it seemed to be in line with what I was told.  Here's hoping that everything works out for you, the way in which it is supposed to.   ;)

Oddly enough, another waitlisted applicant (friend of mine) called yesterday and asked when they would start to admit waitlisted students subsequently, and he was told that no one had been admitted from the waitlist to date. ???   

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »
LOL... apparently Howard hasn't heard about LSD and LSN - we all know each other now :P

I sent an LOCI via postal mail and was told I should have sent it by email (so I did). I was also told to reiterate my interest biweekly, so I will :)

I have a 151 LSAT but lower GPA, so we'll see. Congrats again, and maybe I'll see you in the fall!
Everday I'm HUSL'in

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 08:42:45 AM »
I just got waitlisted at Howard.  Has anyone else?  How big is their waitlist?

It had 3 people on it when I checked last night, but this morning I can see closer to 200.  Odd, huh?

You saw the waitlist? Or you saw LSN?
Everday I'm HUSL'in

camillesthename

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »
LOL... apparently Howard hasn't heard about LSD and LSN - we all know each other now :P

I sent an LOCI via postal mail and was told I should have sent it by email (so I did). I was also told to reiterate my interest biweekly, so I will :)

I have a 151 LSAT but lower GPA, so we'll see. Congrats again, and maybe I'll see you in the fall!

Hey, I've seen some absolute numbnuts get in, so hold fast to hope...as it does spring eternal.   :D 

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »
Called Howard... ::)

Asked for Dean McGahee, the man answering says, "Whose calling?" I identify myself and he asks if I'm calling regarding my application and he says "Yes?" Never affirms whether it's him or not ???

I tell him that I was instructed to reaffirm my interest by calling periodically and he says, "Um I don't know why they'd tell you that when the letter says the exact opposite. What's your name?", looks up my file, and says "You're still on hold. You should wait until you receive some kind of letter or something saying there's been movement from the waitlist or a change before calling."

I inform "him" of the rest of my conversation with the woman 2 weeks ago (LOR, LOCI) and asked if they were received. "Well to answer that I would have to go through all the emails, and I just don't have the time to do that now. Just assume that if you sent it that it will be added to your file."

The kick in the teeth: I ask if there's been movement from the waitlist and when does he expect any changes: "6-8 weeks." :-X
Everday I'm HUSL'in

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 04:19:30 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 05:24:50 AM »

Is that for me or did you get the same thing? Have you tried calling?
Everday I'm HUSL'in

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 07:37:43 AM »

Is that for me or did you get the same thing? Have you tried calling?

he he he! it's for the loooooooooong wait.... (I didn't try to call them... just waiting for their letter) ;)
The George Washington University Class of 2010.