Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I withdraw?  (Read 730 times)

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Should I withdraw?
« on: March 16, 2007, 10:36:19 AM »

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Should I withdraw?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:55:20 AM »
I was in the same situation with Washington University in St. Louis. I had gone months without hearing anything from them. I was hoping for some scholarship money, but after some thought I realized I still wouldn't go there. So I just emailed them and withdrew (even though they still hadn't given me a decision on my file).

Maybe I'll do the same...I'll think this one through this weekend.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:33:55 PM »
I withdrew from two schools without getting decisions. I can't say I regret it, but it's definitely something to think about carefully.

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:42:43 PM »
I have 3 schools that are still pending.  I have already decided where I am going and need to accept my scholarship by 4/6.  Eventhough some of the pending apps are ranked higher, I know that I wouldn't go to them.  In fact, I didn't even send them the FAFSA.

Im still not withdrawing though.  If they sent a fee waiver and were doing it for free I would, but I paid for it so the admissions committee needs to do their part. There is no free lunch.
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 01:01:33 PM »
I definitely understand wanting a decision but in my case I kind of wanted to let the schools know that I was a little annoyed. I was not at all rude but I did let them know that they had waited too long and that I have seat deposits due soon.

Of course I still haven't withdrawn from Michigan because I'm a sissy.

ptown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 01:37:02 PM »
I definitely understand wanting a decision but in my case I kind of wanted to let the schools know that I was a little annoyed. I was not at all rude but I did let them know that they had waited too long and that I have seat deposits due soon.

Indeed, now I am reconsidering my path.  The prospect of writing a letter stating my dissatisfaction would be more enjoyable for me at this point than getting a decision that makes no difference.
Missouri 1L

"I was discriminated against during the college-testing process because I come from a culture that is opposed to filling in circles completely and with firm pressure."

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »

Of course I still haven't withdrawn from Michigan because I'm a sissy.

Yup.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 01:40:57 PM »
I don't want to start some kind of mass withdrawal; you guys should definitely take a few days to think about it.

I was closing in on the five month mark at these schools and just felt it was getting ridiculous (especially since one school was a target school).

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »
I don't want to start some kind of mass withdrawal; you guys should definitely take a few days to think about it.

I was closing in on the five month mark at these schools and just felt it was getting ridiculous (especially since one school was a target school).

This is exactly why I felt the way I felt, and did what I did.