Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BS/MS/JD accelerated program UPitt and CMU  (Read 917 times)

Archange11

• View Profile
    • Email
BS/MS/JD accelerated program UPitt and CMU
« on: March 04, 2004, 10:34:22 PM »
I'm in Carnegie Mellon, I just applied to their Heinz school of Policy accelerated 3-1-1 Masters program.  I realized after next year I would have the oppurtunity to save another year and apply for the accelerated JD/MS program btwn the Heinz school and  University of Pittsburgh.  This would save a lot of money.  I'm interested in GW's Intellectual property program with is critically acclaimed.  UPitt has an IP certificate program.  So my question is do I apply to the accelerated programs and save 2 years of higher education costs, we all know how expensive its getting these days, but go to a school w/ less a name for IP or do I finish my BS/MS program and hope to get into GW.  How respected is the UPitt program?  Do you even think I should bother w/ a MS in Public Policy and Management in IT if I can get an IP concentration in law school?

Richie_rico

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BS/MS/JD accelerated program UPitt and CMU
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 11:38:30 PM »
IF GW is your Promised Land, then I would apply directly into it and not waste any time.  If you want to do IP work, I don't see why the GW JD and your BS would not be sufficient.  OTOH, if you don't get into GW the first time, perhaps taking the scenic route of the multiple masters you described might be something interesting to do and help you get into GW the 2nd time around.  If you are young under 25, then experience the scenic route -- why not?  If you are over 25, don't waste any time -- be as efficient as possible.

Rico ;)