Law School Discussion

Penn State question - "tele"-classes

LizD

Penn State question - "tele"-classes
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:40:17 PM »
I'm considering Penn State - Carlisle campus. Went to visit, liked it, students seemed enthusiastic; the transitional building wasn't great but was about what I expected. Overall, I was pleased with everything. I've read that some classes will be by video or whatever. My question is: where are most of the "live" courses taught, or is it about even for both campuses? I know the first year will be all in person (ABA rules, I think), but second and third year I'm not sure if I will like the videoconferencing thing for classes.

Re: Penn State question - "tele"-classes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:56:44 PM »
ARGH wha..? didn't hear about this -- is it just for some smaller, more specific 2L and 3L courses that are only going to be taught at one of the two campuses and so the other students would have to tune in?

Either way, slim chance I would wind up there. It would be cool if in 10 years they were as reputable as the other big 10 schools, right?

Re: Penn State question - "tele"-classes
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »
I am seriously considering PSU-Carlisle as well. From what I gather, a wide array of 2L/3L courses will be offered at each campus, so you could feasibly get through the three years without ever taking a videoconferencing class. Sounds like the video classes are mostly for the more specialized courses that are fairly specific to a certain professor.