Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3 Rejections in the last 4 days, OMG Kill Self?  (Read 13046 times)

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why don't you burn in hell?
    • View Profile
    • Email
3 Rejections in the last 4 days, OMG Kill Self?
« on: March 14, 2007, 11:10:51 PM »
Not actually, but damn if it isn't depressing as hell  >:(
In: W&L, DePaul, NEU, Seattle, BC($$$)
Not Not In: GW, Cornell,American, UVA, Vandy
Not In: UW, ND, HLS, UMich, Chicago,  Yale, G-Town, Duke

LSN

Blog[/url

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Rejections in the last 4 days, OMG Kill Self?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 11:11:52 PM »
Don't kill yourself.  Just drink enough liquor that would kill a small child.  That's probably a good trade-off.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:13:18 PM »
Don't kill yourself.  Just drink enough liquor that would kill a small child.  That's probably a good trade-off.

<Van Wilder> Those circus midgets can NOT hold their booze! </Van Wilder>

LSN

Blog[/url

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:13:37 PM »

You might want to throw some applications to middle ranked tier 1 schools. Something similar to American, since you already applied there. If you were interested in California I would apply to UC Hastings and UC Davis.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:17:22 PM »

You might want to throw some applications to middle ranked tier 1 schools. Something similar to American, since you already applied there. If you were interested in California I would apply to UC Hastings and UC Davis.

Thought about it, but it grates on my inner prestige-whore. If I don't get in to somewhere that is country-wide mobile post-graduation (I would very much like to have the Seattle market open to me), I am going to sit a cycle, try to bump the LSAT and possibly sit for the patent bar to up the ante...

LSN

Blog[/url

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

Thought about it, but it grates on my inner prestige-whore. If I don't get in to somewhere that is country-wide mobile post-graduation (I would very much like to have the Seattle market open to me), I am going to sit a cycle, try to bump the LSAT and possibly sit for the patent bar to up the ante...

From what I hear, Hastings does open the Seattle market for you. You could also move to Washington State and then you would have a better shot at the University of Washington, since they take 70% of their class from in-state.

Your idea about waiting a year is good if you can afford to do it financially and if you're certain that you can raise that LSAT. I know I could raise mine but I don't want to wait another year. Plus I could only raise it a few points so that would be a somewhat marginal gain anyways. You probably have a decent paying job also so that may help.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:31:12 PM »
Yeah, I will actually be in a better financial position if I wait a year. Ideally I would be able to make a move to Seattle for exactly the reasons you said, plus I would apply early in the cycle instead of at their deadline like I stupidly did this year. If I can bump my average LSAT by 2 points I get into virtual auto-admit territory for UW as opposed to 50-50 where I am now. I think this will be challenging but is ultimately do-able.

The big question is if the sanity can hold out another year... It's touch and go at this point...

LSN

Blog[/url

S2X

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 01:24:27 AM »
I once had three rejections in a 7-day span.  Depressing, yes, but then go to a law school that did accept you, do well, land a nice job, and then you can frame those rejections and have the last laugh.

Or you can just throw the dings in a fire, sure.

kirps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 01:58:12 AM »
I once had three rejections in a 7-day span.  Depressing, yes, but then go to a law school that did accept you, do well, land a nice job, and then you can frame those rejections and have the last laugh.

Or you can just throw the dings in a fire, sure.

I've saved them.

I'm planning on folding up a paper Napoleon hat and sword and going to stand in the middle of the biggest common area I can find in my most disheartening rejection school so that I can shout unintelligibily at the 1Ls who stole my seat. Hopefully there will be a fountain I can stand in and splash about...

LSN

Blog[/url

S2X

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 02:13:39 AM »
I've saved them.

I'm planning on folding up a paper Napoleon hat and sword and going to stand in the middle of the biggest common area I can find in my most disheartening rejection school so that I can shout unintelligibily at the 1Ls who stole my seat. Hopefully there will be a fountain I can stand in and splash about...

Sounds good. :D