Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does Loyola New Orleans = Career suicide???  (Read 1414 times)

tenaciousb

• AOL Instant Messenger - CollegiateError
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does Loyola New Orleans = Career suicide???
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 11:41:44 PM »
im goin to tulane.

i'm going to loyola
let's be university neighbors
Loyola New Orleans Class of '10

korhashamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 01:59:52 AM »
lookin forward to it

justbu82

• "it's like Technoligy v. Horse"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 02:17:51 AM »
lookin forward to it
i's too!  being that we'll be's neighbors n' all.
"I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead"

justbu82

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 02:20:15 AM »
I got an enticing scholarship offer from LoyNola, and I’m stuck in-between Loyola Chicago (15k) and Loyola New Orleans (50k).  I want an adventure, hence the NOLA consideration (I’m from Detroit and been dodging bullets since the ripe-ole’ age of 10), but in a post-law school environment, Cash is key.  So, if I take up LoyNola on their offer and attend next fall, is there a good possibility I might be on the street asking one of you guys for change in three in a half years?  What da ya tink mon?

Note: Subjective thoughts are fine (even though they typically originate from the bunghole), but I would prefer something of a more objective nature, i.e., if ya know people, what you have heard through the grape vine, et cetera et cetera…

Word.

I don't believe such a question can be answered objectively. But I'll try. New Orleans is built below sea level. Another hurricane will strike eventually and New Orleans, sadly, will largely be a ghost town. Sadly, it's a city on the decline.

This guy (or girl) is a duestch. just ask his (or her) mother!!!  Thanks for nothing.

justbu82

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 02:24:17 AM »
I wonder if the people that talk about New Orleans have actually ever been there post-katrina?  I was there for a few days this past week and it's still the New Orleans I had heard so much about.  On a Sunday at 12pm the French Quarter was absolutely jam packed with people drinking, eating, and having an overall great time in the sunny weather.  I visited Tulane, but Loyola looked very nice as well (they're next to each other).  Although there are of course parts of the city that have been abandoned, these were not the parts you would have visited anyways except to do volunteer work (it's sad, but true).  People act as if New Orleans is not a major city and that because places like the lower 9th ward have been devastated that the city will become a "ghost town".  I'm not trying to down play Katrina and the damage that was wreaked, but I think it's important to keep in mind that the city is recovering without a doubt, any many areas are FULLY recovered.  Just visit the city and you will see.

I sat on the board for way too long discussing New Orleans and being afraid of the idea of living there and then I visited.  It was AMAZING.  The city is like none other and I suggest anyone that is hesitant due to Katrina related stuff to just visit. 

Thank you for being insightful and objectivly informative (you rule), hence, i dub thee, cool person!