Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham  (Read 846 times)

lavender

• View Profile
Fordham
« on: March 14, 2007, 10:53:26 AM »
I emailed Adcom to confirm that my file is complete (marked complete for months now)..the response:

You should be receiving a decision in the MAIL soon. now we all know fordham sends rejections by MAIL, acceptances by EMAIL.

i'm dunzo.  :-[

basal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 11:20:52 AM »
#s?

In Infernos Dicet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:28:42 AM »
I emailed Adcom to confirm that my file is complete (marked complete for months now)..the response:

You should be receiving a decision in the MAIL soon. now we all know fordham sends rejections by MAIL, acceptances by EMAIL.

Maybe it is a form response. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

latenitesession

• Sr. Citizen
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 01:33:55 PM »

I wouldn't get too discouraged. Sounds like a canned answer to me.
Fordham (PT)

latenitesession

• Sr. Citizen
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »

I wouldn't get too discouraged. Sounds like a canned answer to me.

Further, from my experience, F.U. doesn't do so well on the phone. I've called several depts (admissions, FA) various times for various reasons and have gotten an answering machine 75% of the time (at mid-day).

This morning, I actually got a hold of someone from FA, and she seemed completely uninterested in our correspondence. It sounded like she was eating a muffin or something and preoccupied with something else...
Fordham (PT)

lavender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:16:30 PM »
i emailed an admissions officer. obtained his business card from an information session i attended, so felt like this was more personal..and gave him my contact info and lsac #, etc.

no surprise, fordham was a reach for me anyways. i was hoping my strong soft factors would count  :'(

In Infernos Dicet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »
Further, from my experience, F.U. doesn't do so well on the phone. I've called several depts (admissions, FA) various times for various reasons and have gotten an answering machine 75% of the time (at mid-day).

This morning, I actually got a hold of someone from FA, and she seemed completely uninterested in our correspondence. It sounded like she was eating a muffin or something and preoccupied with something else...

Same experience here. I called yesterday and the woman who answered sounded like she didn't really know what was going on. Student workers perhaps?

nyclsat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 05:37:15 PM »
My roommate was notified of his fordham acceptance by snail mail.  Don't be so sure you're rejected just yet. 

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 07:32:10 PM »
did your roommate receive an email as well or just snail mail? sorry to be annoying but i am eagerly awaiting my fordham decision. thanks!

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 01:57:22 AM »
If you are accepeted, you get an e-mail first, then snail mail. The status checker is not updated often, so don't go buy that. My decission was made a good week before it ever showed on the status checker.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.